Hank Mobley Mosaic set for trade

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I see it newbies coming here just to sell stuff are taking advantage of that.

and no one keeps the oldies of taking advantage of that.

True, and an incentive for me to donate a few cents every now and then...

Edited by J.A.W.

and I don't think it should be used by newbies solely for the purpose of selling/trading stuff.

Would some posts in the what are you listening to right now thread be sufficient to be allowed to sell or trade stuff?

no, you need at least three in depth 500+ word reviews of material all over the map, uncover 4 discographical errors, mention at least a dozen obscure artists, and start a poll on which colour you should repaint your front door with the final option being black (duh).

posting in the "listening to now" thread is for sissy boys.

newbie.jpg

The Organissimo forum is not a commercial site

Not sure about that.

What makes you think it is a commercial site?

and I don't think it should be used by newbies solely for the purpose of selling/trading stuff.

Would some posts in the what are you listening to right now thread be sufficient to be allowed to sell or trade stuff?

In that case you wouldn't be a newbie anymore, provided that you'd posted at least 10 times ;)

Edited by J.A.W.

i prefer to trade/buy/sell with established members because i'm more apt to trust someone who's proven they have an investment to the board and the community it serves. that doesn't mean newbies can't be trusted, or that all members are trustworthy. but this way, i can feel more comfortable doing business with members i like and trust, and avoid those whom i don't.

btw, i have no objection to mr. mingus's original offer. my earlier post was a comment on his quick change in sales tactics. B-)

Edited by jazzshrink

The Organissimo forum is not a commercial site

Not sure about that.

What makes you think it is a commercial site?

I didn't say that it is a commercial site. I said that I'm not sure if it is non-commercial.

In that case you wouldn't be a newbie anymore, provided that you'd posted at least 10 times ;)

Wich makes the difference between newbie and non-newbie almost non-existent.

Edit: BBCode

Edited by rockefeller center

Kidding aside, I was talking about newbies posting solely in the "Offering and Looking for" forum.

Kidding aside, I was talking about newbies posting solely in the "Offering and Looking for" forum.

I should have said "passers-by" instead of "newbies" in my previous posts; that explains my opinion more clearly - I hope.

I should have said "passers-by" instead of "newbies" in my previous posts; that explains my opinion more clearly - I hope.

Good clarification, Hans.

This is an open forum. There's very few rules here, other than registering and you like jazz. It's not a private club and so if some guy wants to register for the purpose of trading his Mosaic. What's the big deal. He obviously knows Mosaic and what he would like to get so he's got bona fides. He probably saw as fellow jazz brothers. I wasn't offended but I don't think Chuck's reaction was very welcoming. I'd get pissed off also. Did Chuck wake up on the wrong side of the bed today?

As usual, we've wasted some cyberspace over a lot to do about nothing.

Well I revisited this thread thinking I might have been overreacted only to discover I really didn't know what overreaction was.

I am still reading this sentence struggling with all the possibilities of interpretation.

:rsly:

Fair is fair. No one ever understands your posts, Couw...

:g

I feel overreacted & misunderstood.