JRVG Re-Releases

grey

Speaking of Japanese cds....if one of our resident Japanese language pros wanted to tell someone that they wanted a title in "cardboard sleeve" or "plastic jewel box" how would they do that? Is there a site out there in cyberland that has the correct characters that one can cut & paste onto a "memo"? :w:g

Instead of dropping another eight Smith JRVGs on us (out of 100 total) over the next year ...

I love the Jimmy Smith JRVGs. 'Midnight Special' was the very first jazz album that I ever bought and the JRVG version is marvellous. Jimmy Smith 'At Club Baby Grand' and 'At Small's Paradise' are a couple of my favorite JRVGs. I say bring on more Jimmy JRVGs. More! More!

kami.gif

Weizen...the way to write paper-sleeve is the first 4 characters in the logo above. I think there is some more identical text on that website that you could cut and paste if your computer has Japanese font capability.

It can be written in roman letters as KAMI-JAKE and is pronounced like "kami-jahkay".

The last 3 characters mean "limited edition"(though we know that might not be a literal translation ;) ) and can be written GENTEI-BAN.

I am not sure what jewel case would be, and my wife says it would simply be a SHI-DI- KE-SU (shee dee kayse).

If you want to specify a normal case, you might want to write FUTSU NO KE-SU.

Anyone you are ordering from should will probably know what you mean what you mean.

Weizen's Miles Davis CD cover posting above reminds me that this is the 4th time that this JRVG has been released.The first 20 JRVGs have all been released twice, some 3x and some 4x. When I asked Toshiba why they kept releasing the first 20 JRVGs and none beyond that they replied that these were very popular. I would venture to guess that some of the other never re-released 250 titles in the series are just as popular. They were thinking of re-releasing titles beyond the first 20 but nothing is firm at this time. They are concentrating on releasing their 100 new JRVG titles over the next year.

grey: "When I asked Toshiba why they kept releasing the first 20 JRVGs and none beyond that they replied that these were very popular. I would venture to guess that some of the other never re-released 250 titles in the series are just as popular."

I couldn't agree more. It seems that it would be easy enough to identify which JRVGs are not also available as domestic 24-bit RVGs. A considerable number of JRVGs are also not available domestically in any form. I'm not up to speed on this, but some of them might not even be available as TOCJs. To me, these seem like the most logical to repress.

Tina Brooks "True Blue", Donald Byrd "Fuego", and the aforementioned Dorham "Trompeta Toccata" seem like obvious choices- I would pick these up if offered.

Perhaps Toshiba is just concentrating on the Japanese market, but if so, some of these points would still hold true.