What live music are you going to see tonight?

mikeweil

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got my ticket very early for the Dmitry Baevsky Quintet featuring Joe Magnarelli at Southport in February. The rhythm section that they use in Europe is Alain Jean-Marie on piano, Giorgios Antoniou on bass and my favorite British drummer, Steve Brown. Can't wait! :excited:

Last night - Matthew Shipp/Darius Jones duo at Bezanson Recital Hall, UMASS, Amherst, MA

Tonight:

JD ALLEN QUARTET - JD Allen –tenor saxophone; Victor Gould – piano; Alexander Claffy – bass; Jonathan Barber – drums
Opening Group: East Catholic High School Jazz Ensemble
Presented by the Hartford Jazz Society
Polish National Home – 60 Charter Oak Avenue - Hartford

Sunday:

IMPROVISATIONS – CELEBRATING FREE MUSIC
FEATURING: BRYAN CARROT
WITH CURATORS: JOE MORRIS – guitar, bass ǀ STEPHEN HAYNES - cornet
Real Art Ways - 56 Arbor Street – Hartford

Thanks to our own Michael Weiss I saw the Vanguard Jazz Orchestra at Billboard Tokyo last night.

I thouroughly enjoyed the evening, a really great line up of first class players and the sound was truly impressive at close quarters. A packed and enthusiastic audience helped too.

Thanks again Michael.

Those Umbrella Music Festivals have always been interesting. I wish I lived closer! The Silke Eberhard Quartet really interests me.

Tasty stuff. I'd go a long way to see Waclaw Zimpel and Dans Les Arbes both of whom haven't played London to my knowledge. Holmlander solo - after the tuba players thread as well! (I don't know Eberhard though) Enjoy what looks like two great evenings of music

Those Umbrella Music Festivals have always been interesting. I wish I lived closer! The Silke Eberhard Quartet really interests me.

Tasty stuff. I'd go a long way to see Waclaw Zimpel and Dans Les Arbes both of whom haven't played London to my knowledge. Holmlander solo - after the tuba players thread as well! (I don't know Eberhard though) Enjoy what looks like two great evenings of music

Dans Les Arbres played Philly on their way, apparently, to Chicago. A shame they couldn't have come to DC or Baltimore, and I couldn't make it up to Philly. Call it a near thing.