mikeweil

What live music are you going to see tonight?

5,531 posts in this topic

I've got a disc of Evan Parker & AMM (with members of the Gunter Hampel Group for good measure) from 1972 and it's not very interesting. Too bad.

I've got a disc of Evan Parker & AMM (with members of the Gunter Hampel Group for good measure) from 1972 and it's not very interesting. Too bad.

I think they've been practicing since then ^_^

The Rowe/Parker duo disc from the turn of the century (exactly) is very good.

Parker sticks to the tenor

Got my ticket very early for the Dmitry Baevsky Quintet featuring Joe Magnarelli at Southport in February. The rhythm section that they use in Europe is Alain Jean-Marie on piano, Giorgios Antoniou on bass and my favorite British drummer, Steve Brown. Can't wait! :excited:

i quiet like the duo with Tilbury . to chapters and an epilogue.

Last night - Matthew Shipp/Darius Jones duo at Bezanson Recital Hall, UMASS, Amherst, MA

Tonight:

JD ALLEN QUARTET - JD Allen –tenor saxophone; Victor Gould – piano; Alexander Claffy – bass; Jonathan Barber – drums
Opening Group: East Catholic High School Jazz Ensemble
Presented by the Hartford Jazz Society
Polish National Home – 60 Charter Oak Avenue - Hartford

Sunday:

IMPROVISATIONS – CELEBRATING FREE MUSIC
FEATURING: BRYAN CARROT
WITH CURATORS: JOE MORRIS – guitar, bass ǀ STEPHEN HAYNES - cornet
Real Art Ways - 56 Arbor Street – Hartford

Tamarindo tomorrow night @ Cornelia Street Cafe 2 sets 8:30 & 10:00

Tony Malaby, Michael Formanek & Nasheet Waits

Tamarindo tomorrow night @ Cornelia Street Cafe 2 sets 8:30 & 10:00

Tony Malaby, Michael Formanek & Nasheet Waits

!!!!!!

I've had an excellent run lately, having seen Keith Jarrett Standards Trio, Expansions: The Dave Liebman Group and the Helen Sung Quartet. :D

Upcoming for the weekend:

Friday, October 31, 2014 - 8:30 pm ($20) and 10 pm ($15)
JOE MCPHEE | DANIEL LEVIN | CHRIS CORSANO
Firehouse 12 - 45 Crown Street - New Haven

and

either Noah Preminger Quartet or Jeff Coffin's Mu'tet on Saturday.

Ralph Alessi Qt. (Versace, Helias, Cleaver)

Thanks to our own Michael Weiss I saw the Vanguard Jazz Orchestra at Billboard Tokyo last night.

I thouroughly enjoyed the evening, a really great line up of first class players and the sound was truly impressive at close quarters. A packed and enthusiastic audience helped too.

Thanks again Michael.

Wayne Shorter Quartet the other day at the Barcelona Jazz Festival. Very powerful quartet. Especially Shorter and Brian Blade, and the others as well.

Tomorrow night, George Coleman Quintet at the Jazz Standard, NYC.

Ralph Alessi Qt. (Versace, Helias, Cleaver)

I've seen Alessi but not in this quartet. How did you like it?

Those Umbrella Music Festivals have always been interesting. I wish I lived closer! The Silke Eberhard Quartet really interests me.

Tasty stuff. I'd go a long way to see Waclaw Zimpel and Dans Les Arbes both of whom haven't played London to my knowledge. Holmlander solo - after the tuba players thread as well! (I don't know Eberhard though) Enjoy what looks like two great evenings of music

Those Umbrella Music Festivals have always been interesting. I wish I lived closer! The Silke Eberhard Quartet really interests me.

Tasty stuff. I'd go a long way to see Waclaw Zimpel and Dans Les Arbes both of whom haven't played London to my knowledge. Holmlander solo - after the tuba players thread as well! (I don't know Eberhard though) Enjoy what looks like two great evenings of music

Dans Les Arbres played Philly on their way, apparently, to Chicago. A shame they couldn't have come to DC or Baltimore, and I couldn't make it up to Philly. Call it a near thing.

Tonight it's Purson, a killer psychedelic/prog band from the UK making their US concert debut at The Viper Room on the Sunset Strip.

1384033_772375819458746_2125276526_n.jpg

Last night, an extreme rarity in Dallas, Mali desert blues at the Granada Theater, with Tinariwen--a fantastic concert.

Tonight, Tutu Jones at Babb Bros. in Trinity Groves. An evening of spirit lifting blues/soul.

Edited by kh1958