mikeweil

What live music are you going to see tonight?

5,758 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Steve Reynolds said:

Me three - and not a group playing in a back yard like I’ve heard about or in a car at a drive in....

me has faith that we will get there next year some time....

Fingers CROSSED!

On 29/10/2020 at 10:39 PM, kh1958 said:

I would love to see Yazz Ahmed.

Last time I saw her was in a ‘sideman’ role. On trumpet... and harmonium !

My plans to see London Jazz Festival gigs from 13/11 for a week look about to be stymied by a (very belated) lockdown rumoured to start next week.

At least the LJF have programmed some interesting streams

1 hour ago, mjazzg said:

My plans to see London Jazz Festival gigs from 13/11 for a week look about to be stymied by a (very belated) lockdown rumoured to start next week.

At least the LJF have programmed some interesting streams

Was/is the plan fit in person concerts? What kind of venue and what kind of protocols were being put in place?

for me I’m just not comfortable with any gatherings at all. I’m so grateful to be able to work from home and follow all distancing measures here in NJ in order to keep my wife and I safe.

28 minutes ago, Steve Reynolds said:

Was/is the plan fit in person concerts? What kind of venue and what kind of protocols were being put in place?

for me I’m just not comfortable with any gatherings at all. I’m so grateful to be able to work from home and follow all distancing measures here in NJ in order to keep my wife and I safe.

Yes, plan was two in person concerts. One at the Vortex the other at a concert hall venue. Vortex is seating 20 max socially distances and masked. Other venue also doing similar.

I've working from home too and not overly comfortable and have avoided large numbers. I've so far thought the risk factors were sufficiently mitigated for these concerts but infection rates have gone through the roof here recently so may well have revised the decision to attend. Lockdown will resolve that dilemma.

Oh well, Yazz Ahmed is cancelled as UK enters a new lockdown. Nice memories of Nubya Garcia on Thursday. And I have just got my repaired amp back in the nick of time, with a backlog of LPs to listen to, so that is the next month or so sorted.

anthony

london