Larry Kart book signing

Came home tonight to find your book in the mail, Larry, and just reading the table of contents sent me in search of a sedative... So far I've read only the Bill Evans piece, but I'll say this--as a Bill Evans fan, I think you made very compelling, thought-provoking, and valid points. It's the "sound of surprise" made manifest in words.

This one will stay on top of the book stack until I finish it.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPS brought my copy last night too; read a few pieces and was impressed by the Hank Mobley (I have "Poppin'" only in the Mosaic and did not realize you wrote the liners). Not everyone "gets" the Hankster, but you certainly do! It's funny, but I had just finished reading Dan Morgenstern's article on Warren Vache when I read yours - talk about two different takes on the same guy! I have heard very little of his playing, but I was kind of impressed with his first lp (the one with Blue Bossa). I liked the Kerouac also and thought you made a lot of sense there. For what it's worth, I find your approach interesting and appreciate the honesty of your commentary so far! On to the Evans... :tup