Musical Fidelity NuVista

Jim Alfredson

A friend of mine just got this CD player. We tested it out on my system which consists of:

B&W CDM-SE1s

Adcom GFA-5800

Adcom GFP-750

Nordost Blue Heaven interconnects

Audioquest Type IV speaker wire

I own an Arcam Diva player which I really liked... until I heard the NuVista. Even my wife, who is completely skeptical of these things, noticed the difference right away and her eyes got really big (we were comparing Alison Krauss' new recording, her favorite artist).

The NuVista is absolutely amazing. I have not heard SACD yet, but this things makes CDs sound fantastic.

Guest AbsolutMusic

It is I, that friend who bought the player. Yes, the Musical Fidelity NuVista 3D CD player was a frightening purchase, but upon first listen, I knew it was the best decision I'd ever made. Antony Michaelson is my new hero!

I haven't demo'd one yet, but have heard nothing but rave reviews on the NuVista. I'm gonna upgrade soon and this one is definitely on my short list! B3'er, I dig your board and hope to visit regularly-maybe we can pick up where the good part of BNBB left off...glad you're keepin' it greasy. B)

I'm a huge tube nut, and I've always wondered about the nuvista tube in applications. . . Glad to hear that it is a successful implementation in this cd player. Bet it sounds amazing. Maybe I should go and buy a handful of lottery tickets. . . ;)