Jacknife - the 2 LP set

ejp626

Just two quick questions. I have the 2 LP set of Jacknife and a few others in the BN Re-issue series. How does the CD version compare to the LP, better, worse, about the same? I never bothered getting the CD. Second, there was an entire album left off when the CD was issued. Any ideas why, since it appears that nearly the entire thing would have fit. For instance, when Vertigo came out, it had one of the sessions from the Hipnosis 2-fer. I'm enjoying rediscovering this music, but I think it is a shame that some of it still hasn't been issued on CD, if you don't count the Mosaic set.

Eric

Second, there was an entire album left off when the CD was issued.  Any ideas why, since it appears that nearly the entire thing would have fit.  For instance, when Vertigo came out, it had one of the sessions from the Hipnosis 2-fer

I think you answered your own question with the word "nearly".

The 2fer called Jacknife made available 2 lps scheduled, but unreleased. Jacknife was to be BN 4223 and High Frequency was given the number 4236. On the other hand, Vertigo was an incomplete date. When it was later issued on lp Michael added another track to fill the record out.

It would be possible to issue High Frequency and Consequences together.

Edited by Chuck Nessa

• 16 years later...

It was for me the reason to get the 2LP set. Side C and D are really, really good. I am a bit surprised it has not been issued on cd yet in any form (except for the Mosaic of course). Larry Willis is really, really good on these sessions. 

Managed to find a NM copy of the 1975 LP set that really is NM :) 

1 hour ago, Pim said:

Same thing with the Hipnosis session isn't it? Or have I missed a cd release?

For CD, to my knowledge, the first album is only on the McLean "Vertigo" CD, the second album is only on the Moncur Mosaic Select.