F/S, F/T Lester Young, COMPLETE ALADIN RECORDINGS

Anyone who doesn't have this set is missing out big time. These are the sessions that hooked me on Pres, not the early Basie recordings (although those are essential also), and dispel any notion that his playing went downhill after his ill-fated time in the army. Some AMAZING stuff in these two discs.

BTW, Conn500, why are you parting with this set? :blink:

Still available.

The heck do you mean-Still available?

<_<

I thought we had a deal. Your Lester for my Lenin.lenin.jpg

Sorry Dmitry, but I haven't heard back from you. Now what do you propose to trade it for? You haven't replied to my email which was sent this morning.

You have first dibs on it if you can offer something I want.

I'm not leaving anyone out in the cold.

Respond to my email please.

BTW, Conn500, why are you parting with this set? :blink:

Actually, I haven't heard the discs at all. The set is on hold for me in a cd shop. Maybe I should listen to them first, but I've already been talking to Dmitry about a trade. Wish he would respond... :w

Umm, okay, I don't really understand the deal and maybe it's none of business, but I'm inferring from your comments that you've found this set at a used store for ultra-cheap and are offering it to Dmitry. Still, couldn't Dmitry just buy his own set - it is still in print.

And about the music, do yourself a favor and give these sides a spin or fifty. :) There's some great music on this, as I previously mentioned.

Umm, okay, I don't really understand the deal and maybe it's none of business, but I'm inferring from your comments that you've found this set at a used store for ultra-cheap and are offering it to Dmitry.  Still, couldn't Dmitry just buy his own set - it is still in print.

And about the music, do yourself a favor and give these sides a spin or fifty. :)  There's some great music on this, as I previously mentioned.

Not exactly, pryan,

Dmitry emailed to offer several cds in exchange. I have since found one off his list I could go for (even though I already own it.) "Ultra-cheap?" I don't know. $18. I disclosed the price to two people now and have nothing to hide. I also mentioned to another fellow who didn't have anything I needed in exchange that the cds are available on half.com for $22 or so. These people can go and buy the cd on half.com. Mine isn't selling for much less; and I only want it for trade possibilities.

errr, you're right, pryan...it's none of your business. :ph34r:

I don't appreciate your insinuations that I might be trying to take advantage of people on this board (i.e. "you've found this set at a used store for ultra-cheap and are offering it to Dmitry.")

In fact, unlike many other posters, I tend to post my offerings on this board ONLY and not on AAJ as well. I will post on AAJ if I get no response here.

Edited by connoisseur series500

Not exactly, pryan,

Dmitry emailed to offer several cds in exchange. I have since found one off his list I could go for (even though I already own it.) "Ultra-cheap?" I don't know. $18. I disclosed the price to two people now and have nothing to hide. I also mentioned to another fellow who didn't have anything I needed in exchange that the cds are available on half.com for $22 or so. These people can go and buy the cd on half.com. Mine isn't selling for much less; and I only want it for trade possibilities.

errr, you're right, pryan...it's none of your business. :ph34r:

I don't appreciate your insinuations that I might be trying to take advantage of people on this board (i.e. "you've found this set at a used store for ultra-cheap and are offering it to Dmitry.")

In fact, unlike many other posters, I tend to post my offerings on this board ONLY and not on AAJ as well. I will post on AAJ if I get no response here.

About the first paragraph, I was just taking a guess at what the situation was.

And I definitely wasn't "insinuating" that you were "taking advantage" of someone else on this board. If anything, by finding it cheap, and offering it to someone else, you're doing that person a favor.

Lastly, you don't have to prove your loyalty to the board by saying how you offer stuff up here first, while taking shots at other posters ("unlike many other posters", in your words) who may decide to post their sale/trade items on two or more sites. People can advertise where and when they want.

I don't want to start a long-winded argument here, it's just that your first response to my "why are you parting with this" question was somewhat vague and I (perhaps too hastily) tried to uncover some facts. Your right, it is none of my business.

OK, I'm bailing out.

It's just 2 cds, not the Roadmap to Peace issue. :wacko:

You guys need to get out more often. Me too.

Until then...

You're right, Dmitry,

I need to go out more often. :g

We'll make another offer some other time; in the meantime, I'm not picking up the Lester cds. No one has offered me anything interesting in exchange and I'm not interested in reselling them.

Another time.