Mike,

Here is the track order on the Unissued Tunes Vol 1

a-01-Stablemates-Brignola

a-02-Moonlight In Vermont-Hartman

a-03-On Green Dolphin Street-Salvador

b-01-Like Someone In Love-Nistico

b-02-Blues In F-Davis Jr.

b-03-Blues In The Closet-Salvador

I also think that the two dates that differ on this from the regular lp are typos. I think on one someone typed in the wrong month and on the other a 1 instead of a 2 for the date. But without the recording logs i cant verify it.

Latest and greatest now up. The BH 01 track sequence is noted and entered, but won't show up until I do an issue index. Hoping that Jim Neumann will be able to assist so that true recording sequence can be shown for each session instead of issue track sequence, but it will have to do until the real thing comes along.

Mike

Latest and greatest now up. The BH 01 track sequence is noted and entered, but won't show up until I do an issue index. Hoping that Jim Neumann will be able to assist so that true recording sequence can be shown for each session instead of issue track sequence, but it will have to do until the real thing comes along.

Mike

Mike,

I just left a voice mail for Jim and hope to hear something back from him tomorrow. He owns a business and travels frequently so it could be a day or so.

Mark

Mike,

I will fill in some blanks:

Sal Salvador-March 24,1978

Location-Blue Rock Studio NYC

a a-01-12:56

b a-02-4:56

c a-03-6:34

d b-01-6:42

e b-02-6:06

f b-03-11:10

Omit Brignola and Bert on b and e.

Bill it looks like the details you provided are for Salvador's "Starfingers" album.

Do you have his quartet album with Billy Taylor as well; "Juicy Lucy"

(reminds me of an old girl friend).

BTW, that Sal Nistico album belongs in every hard boppers collection

in one form or another!! Probably Sal's best overall recording on record.

Us Upstate New Yorkers really miss Sal..........

Don

The discography?

http://www.JazzDiscography.com/Temp/beehive.htm

but that's only its temporary address. When it's completed, I'll move it somewhere else. Haven't decided exactly where since it's the first label discography that the site will have (as opposed to the label listings, which is where this whole discussion got started).

Mike

The discography?

but that's only its temporary address. When it's completed, I'll move it somewhere else. Haven't decided exactly where since it's the first label discography that the site will have (as opposed to the label listings, which is where this whole discussion got started).

Mike

I've got a real dumb question. By accessing the Beehive discography, you can then access whatever else you have in your temp file. However, if you go to the main page, you can't access this. I'm not altogether sure why and are there page links we might be missing?

Temp stuff is - well, temporary. It's not meant for long term access.

The Bee Hive discography is still "beta" as far as I'm concerned. When it becomes "final" I'll link it on other pages on both my websites. At that point it will be propogated into the search engines, etc.

But for now I suppose the only people who have seen it are folks reading this thread.

Mike

The discography?

Mike

Ahhhhhh......

Now I know exactly what everyone has been referring to.

It all makes sense to me now. I was wondering why Bill

was only providing track timings.

Nice work!!!

Don

Just checked and those little corrections mentioned were already in place. You just need to read the personnel exceptions more carefully because it's just the way it lists things - it depends on what percentage of the tracks someone plays or lays out on. So in the case of the Katz, Frank Wess only plays on four tracks total, three on flute and one on tenor. He doesn't need to be omitted from the rest. He's just added for those four.

Mike

Mike, along with the capeable support of the rest of you guys,

has done a great job of assembling the Bee Hive discography, so..........

perhaps it's time to move on to another small but perhaps

somewhat more challenging label.

May I suggest the Uptown label?

It's another of my favorites for which there is

limited listing online. To my knowledge the

label does not have a website and many of their

releases are out of print.

What say you all?

I would be willing to start things off with some of

the releases I have.

We should keep things going while we have

momentum behing us, right?

Don

I would again be happy to put together a definitive discography on this label (which would mean only Uptown's original sessions, not their reissues - the Mingus, for example), particularly if previously unknown session details could be included.

There are around 50 issues. I find that I have six sessions already entered from research on Kenny Barron, Bill Triglia, and Slide Hampton.

But shoot, if some others would take the time to download BRIAN and help out, it would make things a lot easier. Those people could each enter the sessions for the albums they own and then export and email the XML files so we could get everything in one central database to create the master listing. The technology is there, the interest is there, it just takes the effort.

Mike

I would again be happy to put together a definitive discography on this label (which would mean only Uptown's original sessions, not their reissues - the Mingus, for example), particularly if previously unknown session details could be included.

There are around 50 issues. I find that I have six sessions already entered from research on Kenny Barron, Bill Triglia, and Slide Hampton.

But shoot, if some others would take the time to download BRIAN and help out, it would make things a lot easier. Those people could each enter the sessions for the albums they own and then export and email the XML files so we could get everything in one central database to create the master listing. The technology is there, the interest is there, it just takes the effort.

Mike

Yes....... We got a YES from Mike!!!! :tup

I see that BRIAN is available for download free of charge

via a link on your website.

I reviewed the Kenny Barron, Bill Triglia, and Slide Hampton

discographies on your website and was able to find the

details to the following Uptown releases:

Johnny Coles/Frank Wess "Two At The Top" UP 27.14

Maria Muldaur "Transblucency" UP 27.25

Don Joseph "One Of A Kind" UP 27.23

Claudio Roditi "Claudio" UP 27.27

Did I miss a couple? No sense redoing work that's already been done.

Don

Mike,

There is also a Beehive session called " The Bee Hive Session" Unissued Tunes Vol. One" which was pressed on red vinyl; it's Bee Hive BH001

Side A

1. Stablemates (10:36) with Nick Brignola on Alto, Pepper Adams on Bariton, Ted Curson on Trumpet, Derek Smith on Piano, Dave Holland on Bass and Roy Haynes on Drums. Recorded 12/12/77 at Blue Rock Studios

2.Moonlight in Vermont (3:02) with Johnny Hartman on vocals and AlGafa on Piano; take# 2, recorded 8/12/80 at Master Sound Studio

3. On Green Dolphin Street (7:09) with Sal Salvadore on (G), Eddie Bert on (Trombone), Nick Brignola on (Bari), Derek Smith on piano, Sam Jones on bass and Mel Lewis on drums. Recorded 3/24/78 at Blue Rock Studio.

Side B

1. Like someone in Love (7:29) with Sal Nistico on TS, Ronnie Mathers on piano. Recorded 10/3/78 at Master Sound Studio

2.Blues in F (4:35)with Walter Davis on piano, Walter Booker on bass and Jimmy Cobb on drums. Recorded on 6/19/79 at Master Sound

3. Blues in the Closet (11:03 with Sal Salvador on guitar, Eddie Bert on trombone, Nick Brignola on baritone sax, Derek Smith on piano, Sam Jones on bass and Mel Lewis on drums. Recorded 3/24/78 at Blue Rock Studio.

Mike,

There is also a Beehive session called " The Bee Hive Session" Unissued Tunes Vol. One"  which was pressed on red vinyl; it's Bee Hive BH001

Side A

1. Stablemates (10:36) with Nick Brignola on Alto, Pepper Adams on Bariton, Ted Curson on Trumpet, Derek Smith on Piano, Dave Holland on Bass and Roy Haynes on Drums.  Recorded 12/12/77 at Blue Rock Studios

2.Moonlight in Vermont (3:02) with Johnny Hartman on vocals and AlGafa on Piano; take# 2, recorded 8/12/80 at Master Sound Studio

3. On Green Dolphin Street (7:09) with Sal Salvadore on (G), Eddie Bert on (Trombone), Nick Brignola on (Bari), Derek Smith on piano, Sam Jones on bass and Mel Lewis on drums.  Recorded 3/24/78 at Blue Rock Studio.

Side B

1. Like someone in Love (7:29) with Sal Nistico on TS, Ronnie Mathers on piano.  Recorded 10/3/78 at Master Sound Studio

2.Blues in F (4:35)with Walter Davis on piano, Walter Booker on bass and Jimmy Cobb on drums.  Recorded on 6/19/79 at Master Sound

3.  Blues in the Closet (11:03 with Sal Salvador on guitar, Eddie Bert on trombone, Nick Brignola on baritone sax, Derek Smith on piano, Sam Jones on bass and Mel Lewis on drums.  Recorded 3/24/78 at Blue Rock Studio.

Sheldon,

Mike has included the tracks from the "Bee Hive Unissued Tunes" LP

in his Bee Hive Discography at:

You will note that each track has been listed at the end of the session

that resulted in a seperately issued LP. For example, "Stablemates" is

included as item f. at the end of the December 12, 1977 session that resulted

in Nick Brignola's release entitled "Baritone Madness".

Mike has done it up right!! ;)

A very nice job.

Sheldon, that "Unissued Tunes" album is one of the few Bee Hive releases I do not own. Please put me on the list if Jim Neumann decides to part with some of his extra copies. Then I will have to reburn my CD-R copies of the other albums I have to include the extra tracks included on the "unissued tunes" LP. I prefer to listen to all selections from a given session during the same listening session.

Actually, I would think that the inclusion of those extra tracks on any CD reissue of the primary Bee Hive albums would be a potential bonus that would add to their desirability in the CD format!! At least that seems to be one of Cuscuna's marketing ploys to get us to buy 3rd and 4th generation releases of those Blue Note albums.

Don

Mike

Mike,

Sent you a PM regading Jim Neumann. I spoke to him today about having a conversation with you; check your PMs.

Mark