See you later!

Hi folks! Just in case you'd start to wonder whatever became of your resident Duke Pearson enthusiast, I thought I should announce that I'm moving offline for a while. I'll spend a good part of the next few months working on my final thesis in a small house at the countryside - without any internet connection. I'll be making some visits at various libraries and other institutions, but I figured that I'd minimize the distractions as much as possible to get the work done, so therefore I'll stay mainly invisible to the world.

In late August I'm leaving for Greece to play whith an amateur big band at a festival in Thessaloniki, before I'm finally returning to Stockholm for my last courses before graduation.

So, after three months on this wonderful board (which is now pretty much my only board) it will be three really long months out in the cold. I look forward to talking with you all again after the summer. Take care!

/Daniel

Thank you for your encouraging words! I'm sure you'll see me again if I'm still of sane mind after the summer! :) The subject of my thesis will be plagiarism disputes within the music business, with focus on the varying consequences for originators of different stature. (I might even have to ask a few of the board members for input on a few matters...)

And Hans, should you consider putting 'Sweet Honey Bee' on eBay, let me now first... I may have worn out my copy by then! ;)

I'll bring the booze with me for sure, since we'll rent out our apartment, and there will be at least one babe - my girlfriend, who will be working hard to earn us some money while I'm back at the house reaching for yet another CD, fruitlessly waiting for inspiration... ;) But I hope I've gotten somewhere by the end of July, because then my parents will move in, too. Unfortunately it happens to be their summer house we're occupying...

Sorry, catesta, I've reserved the right to use my parking space during the summer, since I may have to get into my 1975 Volvo and go the 80 miles back to Stockholm to do some researching a couple of times. :)

Edited by Daniel A

Guest Mnytime

Daniel

Good luck. I have always enjoyed our discussions!! If there is anything I can help with let me know. Not that I even remember what your thesis is about at this time. :unsure: