Help me remember an album/artist

Chalupa

Okay..... I can't remember the name of the artist or the title of the album that I am looking for. Here goes....

A few months ago I was in a used record shop and came across an album that looked vaguely interesting. The cover was a close up of a trumpet player(white male late 20's early 30's w/ a crew cut) w/ purple lettering across the top. I think the artist's first name began w/ the letter "D". I had the guy behind the counter play some selections off of it. Sounded like a hard bop session from the early 60's. I'm pretty sure the album was either on Riverside or Prestige.

I wound up passing on it that day but decided to get it the next day. Of course it was gone when I went back to the store :(

Any ideas????

TIA.

Yeah that's the original. The re-issue has a photo of him w/ short hair and a beard that is trimmed so that it goes around his jaw line(no mustache)......

I haven't found an image of it but I found the following photo which looks like it was taken from the same roll of film used for the cover....

Don%20Ellis.jpg