XANADU Records

Leeway

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason why Don himself didn't issue his albums on CD is that he detests CDs, at least that's what he told me and I recall detecting a measure of passion in his voice.

But that doesn't explain why so many of these albums are available on eMusic. You would think that he would detest MP3s even more.

• 1 year later...

Does anyone have a list of the various CD reissues? Particularly, I am interested in what has been reissued in Japan only, although I am also curious about the French reissues and the Prevue series (to the extent anything else appears other than what has already been posted on this thread).

I had asked in the Warne Marsh thread whether the Hampton Hawes Memorial album appears on CD (other than the "Jazz Factory" reissue). Likewise, the "Wardell Gray Live"

By the way, and someone on this board may have mentioned this someplace, but for those who want the "Inimitable" Teddy Edwards on Xanadu, it appears on the Duke Jordan/Cecil Payne CD reissued on the Prevue label.

Thanks,

Baker

• 11 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, adh1907 said:

Roots 4FB from around 9mins to 11 mins, for example. 9.55. Elemental 2015 edition. The sleeve notes refer to damage to the Xanadu tapes, related to Hurricane Sandy. 

I listened closely to my 1995 Xanadu reissue XCD 1229. I believe what you're hearing as "pops & clicks" is the sound of Butler's sticks occasionally hitting each other and sometimes the rim. There's a "woody" quality to the sound that makes me think it's not damage to the tape, but the result of how the drums are miked. 

5 hours ago, adh1907 said:

I hear that but at 9.55 there is a v odd non drumsticks related sound. Perhaps I am just looking for an excuse to clear out my CDs.

Any UK member wants this CD, let me know and I will send on free.

Anthony

No excuse needed. I'd gladly take it off your hands if I wasn't an ungrateful colonist. ^_^