FT: Tyrone Washington "Natural Essence" TOCJ

This is a 5-star title in my book, and a real bear to find (at least on CD). Includes some of the best "progressive-leaning" Woody Shaw on record, IMHO. I think it was either Chuck or Jim who described Natural Esssnse as being "Avant-Boogaloo", a description I think really fits.

Well worth having for those who love the more progressive titles on BN in the mid-to-late 60's, and who also love the more butt-shakin' "soul-jazz" BN's of the 60's. If you love early 60's John Coltrane, and also love John Patton's late 60's work (especially Patton's "Boogaloo"), IMHO you need this title. No organ on this date, but any and all fans of Larry Young's more progressive work ("Mother Ship" for example) really need this title.

Get it!!! - dig??? :bwallace:

(No, undergroundagent didn't pay me to say any of that, although I have done business with him before, and he's an 'on the level' guy - at least in all the deals I've ever done with him.)

Edited by Rooster_Ties

professor-1.jpg

OK, FrankC, you must report back to the class about this one...

I want a 500-word review, double-spaced, with no whiteout, on clean, unfolded paper --- on my desk within the next two weeks, or you're on detention for a month.

undergroundagent, appreciate you sending this CD to FrankC expeditiously, so he has no excuses to delay in reporting back to us on his fortunate musical acquisition.