AAJ / Organissimo / JC

EKE BBB

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AAJ seems to be losing energy.

And Jazz Corner now has Stanley Crouch being very defensive re "Mr. Marsalis," and embracing troll Rob Damen, who has a crush on all things Marsalis that equals Heaney's. Check it out!

No, one is enough! <_<

As I posted at AAJ, the psychology of the Wynton groupies is really, really weird. It's hard to understand their "fatal attraction."

Also, AAJ seems to have embarked on an immoderate "moderation" policy. Some heavy-handed activity by Clifton has turned me off. I hate to knock those guys at AAJ, because they are jazz people, and they obviously are trying hard to make a good board-- maybe they are trying too hard. Whatever it is, the atmosphere seems uptight.

And Jazz Corner now has Stanley Crouch being very defensive re "Mr. Marsalis," and embracing troll Rob Damen, who has a crush on all things Marsalis that equals Heaney's. Check it out!

AFAIK there is only one Crouch post on JC. Am I missing any? It almost looks like he just emails the admin, who posts for him.

I hereby announce my endorsement of the Stanley Crouch "flypaper strategy." The more he is allowed to post 2000-word bloviations on Jazz Corner, the less time he has to pen articles for sources I might happen to read.

If you read Crouch's (so far) single post (duplicated in another thread by Lois Gilbert) you will note that she (Lois) talked him into hopping aboard, and she did so by e-mailing him what he terms "sour letters." It appears that she sent Crouch some of the many posts that criticize him and Wynton. If that is so, I have to wonder about the ethics of a BBS owner using posts to stir up controversy in this manner.

The resident Wynton troll was singled out by Crouch as the only one who has what he calls "the facts," and Lois (with whom I am in congenial off-board touch) is blatantly licking both their asses.

What do my fellow Organissimos think?

BTW, the more one sees what is going on at JC, the more one comes to appreciate the peach-colored big "O."

If you read Crouch's (so far) single post (duplicated in another thread by Lois Gilbert) you will note that she (Lois) talked him into hopping aboard, and she did so by e-mailing him what he terms "sour letters." It appears that she sent Crouch some of the many posts that criticize him and Wynton. If that is so, I have to wonder about the ethics of a BBS owner using posts to stir up controversy in this manner.

The resident Wynton troll was singled out by Crouch as the only one who has what he calls "the facts," and Lois (with whom I am in congenial off-board touch) is blatantly licking both their asses.

What do my fellow Organissimos think?

BTW, the more one sees what is going on at JC, the more one comes to appreciate the peach-colored big "O."

I was checking JC out the other day in search of some Crouch wisdom.

I didn't find any. ;)

Of course I found no posts either.

Chris, Lois almost seems to be picking fights with people over this.

I would say you are correct, there is a whole lot of ass licking going on.

One might assume she is trying to lay the ground work to get Mr. Marsalis aboard as well.

the circle is also used to denote ZERO, or nothing at all. Besides the alpha and omega of infinity, OrganissimO is also the be all and end all of nothing. Remember the teachings of Toa though, that say that nothing is also something. And often even more important than the something it is defined by. Combine this with the fact that the name is an anagramme of Omission Rag, or dusting cloth, and you're getting even closer to the truth. The allusions to earthy Organ and heavenly Om further deepen the picture of the dialectic completeness that is OrganissimO.

Film at eleven.

You took the joke and extrapolated it into infinite nothingness! :g:g:g:g:g

Infinity with a beginning and an end. Nowhere else but here at Organissimo!

I'll recommend a bit of self-congratulatory back slapping and 'Arn't we better than them guys' group hugs. That should get the testosterone level back up.

Chuck Nessa posted:

Just checked out AAJ, where I tried to pee on some idiots shoes in their political forum. Anyway, when I left 8 people were on the site. I came back here to find 28. Way to go.

That exactly my point. There is typically a lot less activity at AAJ at any given time, and the threads do not seem to have the sort of energized input found at Org. Bev, I don't see where you are getting all this stuff about back-slapping and testosterone from my observation. As I pointed out in my earlier post, Mike has done a good job on designing and setting up his board. Nevertheless, the "vibe" there is often pretty slack.

Edited by Leeway