Possible Very Dubious Ebay Offering?

sidewinder

The cover looks like it may have some serious water damage or mold. If the vinyl inside has mold, it is ruined.

This LP has a soft spot in my heart because it was amoung a couple of dozen Blue Notes that I bought in a dusty second hand store in Miami called Lee's, in 1980, that were still sealed!

This was before any of the Blue Note by Brooks were re-issued so it was quite a find.

Maimi was a great place for picking up all sorts of vinatge stuff, including cars, that were housed and then discarded by family that moved there from the North.

And yes, I still play those old Blue Notes. That heavy vinyl realy moves some air!

This is another one I picked up that day:

Edited by marcello

If the vinyl inside has mold, it is ruined.

Don't know about the LP in question, but I will add a plug here for my Nitty Gritty record cleaning machine. I've cleaned off mold with it with fantastic results. As long as there is no underlying damage to the grooves, the mold will come off pretty well most of the time. When looking at records, I'm now more concerned with scratches or things that cause uncleanable damage to the grooves. Dirt and mold are not as bad as I once thought.

Don't think I'd bid on something like this though given the seller's location and the hightened risk with little way to get your money back.

This LP has a soft spot in my heart because it was amoung a couple of dozen Blue Notes that I bought in a dusty second hand store in Miami called Lee's, in 1980, that were still sealed!

This was before any of the Blue Note by Brooks were re-issued so it was quite a find.

I'll say!! True Blue still sealed in 1980! Fuck me!!

How about a scan of the label??

Oh, I've used a touch of Lysol mold remover on LP scum to good effect. Rinse well.

Insanity. I just bought a brand new vinyl reissue for $12.00. I bet they sound the same. :rolleyes:

Naaah B-)

But it would be nice to think so. ^_^ Hard to beat deep-grooves and early pressings (if they are in decent shape-that's the hard part). Once beyond that range, however, it's certainly possible for some reissues to offer a very decent alternative.

Insanity.  I just bought a brand new vinyl reissue for $12.00.  I bet they sound the same. :rolleyes:

Naaah B-)

But it would be nice to think so. ^_^ Hard to beat deep-grooves and early pressings (if they are in decent shape-that's the hard part). Once beyond that range, however, it's certainly possible for some reissues to offer a very decent alternative.

The Classic Records True Blue will be coming out one of these days. It should better my Mosaic and CONN, I hope.

Insanity.  I just bought a brand new vinyl reissue for $12.00.  I bet they sound the same. :rolleyes:

Naaah B-)

The Classic Records True Blue will be coming out one of these days. It should better my Mosaic and CONN, I hope.

Maybe so. But some of those CONNS are pretty good. In fact, I have the True Blue CONN LP and I think it is excellent. I wouldn't necessarily wager that Classic willl do better. It would make for an interesting comparison (uh-oh, I think I hear footsteps ^_^ ).

Edited by Leeway

Any transaction with a zero-feedback seller from another country must be considered risky.

However, I think that someone who was really planning to rip the buyer off would try to make the potential bidders feel safer, by getting some positive feedback first.

Anyway, those who are willing to pay almost $500 for an LP should have no problems bearing the risk of being ripped off.