6. Jack McDuff - LIVE!

5. Groove Holmes - Living Soul

4. Larry Young - Unity

3. Big John Patton - Understanding

2. Jimmy Smith - Bashin'

1. Jimmy Smith - The Sermon

If you don't have these, GET OUT!

:g

* This is a joke. I love you all. Really. Please don't leave. But c'mon, Big Al. Let's get with the program. :)

Holy shit, I am in SO much trouble!!!!!

:g:lol::g:lol::g:lol:

Ahhhh, so much greeeeaze, so little time!!! B-)

All this organ shit is getting old.  I say we take over the board and initiate a new, crisp, fresh, HIP instrument theme!...

5403187.jpg

As long as it's electric. We don't like no pussified acoustic instruments around here!

Mount some pickups on that baby!

HOly...!! Are YOU thinkin' what I'M thinkin'? :excited:

dollar-sign.gifdollar-sign.gifdollar-sign.gifdollar-sign.gif

Well, I have about half of those, but I only post half as often as most board members (if that) so I should be ok.

And I also have Teshissimo, which is my ace in the hole. Caught on private security tape, the members of Organissimo secretly rehearse the music of John Tesh. To be released as a bootleg DVD if I am kicked off the board ...

:g:g:g

It's not that I don't like organ jazz, I do. I have at least a dozen Jimmy Smith's, three Freddy Roach BN's, Reuben Wilson, the Big John Patton Select AND a Jimmy McGriff LP that he autographed for me years ago. Still, I feel the B-3 is underrepresented in my collection. What I like is guys who play the instrument, as the expression goes, with all the stops pulled out. I like that huge, fat sound - like the Gerald Wilson Mosaic cuts that feature Groove Holmes as part of the GW big band. So, my question is where can a guy, and everyday guy like me, get a little action...some genuinely house rockin', balls to the wall B-3? Recommendations please.

Up over and out.

It's not that I don't like organ jazz, I do. I have at least a dozen Jimmy Smith's, three Freddy Roach BN's, Reuben Wilson, the Big John Patton Select AND a Jimmy McGriff LP that he autographed for me years ago. Still, I feel the B-3 is underrepresented in my collection. What I like is guys who play the instrument, as the expression goes, with all the stops pulled out. I like that huge, fat sound - like the Gerald Wilson Mosaic cuts that feature Groove Holmes as part of the GW big band. So, my question is where can a guy, and everyday guy like me, get a little action...some genuinely house rockin', balls to the wall B-3? Recommendations please.

Up over and out.

Got a Good Thing Goin', baby!!!

Alfredson, Big Al and Soul Stream need to "get right"!

No mention of the greatest organ record of all time - "Face to Face". I once wrote "this record is the reason God allowed Mr Hammond to desecrate the organ".

You're damn right Chuck. Baby Face Willette's "Face To Face" is one of the Top Ten for SURE. Knew I had forgotten somebody very important.

O.K>Shirley Scott "Queen of the Organ" just got bumped to "honorable mention."

Forgetting, Baby Face. Damn me to hell.

Alfredson, Big Al and Soul Stream need to "get right"! 

No mention of the greatest organ record of all time - "Face to Face".  I once wrote "this record is the reason God allowed Mr Hammond to desecrate the organ".

You're damn right Chuck. Baby Face Willette's "Face To Face" is one of the Top Ten for SURE. Knew I had forgotten somebody very important.

O.K>Shirley Scott "Queen of the Organ" just got bumped to "honorable mention."

Forgetting, Baby Face. Damn me to hell.

No no NO no NO NO NO!!! "Queen of the Organ" is a KILLER date! It is worth the price of admission for Stanley's outro on "Just in Time" alone.

If we have to take off one, take off Bashin'.