New Mosaic Homepage

I agree the new front page does not fit the style of the remaining (unchanged) pages. As a page # 2 it would be okay. Just about as hastily done as the Blue Note Board changes - hope this doesn't mean the Mosaic site will be temporarily closed :w

There was something about the simple look of the previous home page that made it seem "underground," not decorated or user-friendly--sort of cool for that reason.

I'm sure it has been asked before, but did any board members write any of the reviews on the Mosaic site? If so, which ones?

A friend and former roomate of mine wrote a review of the Tristano/Konitz/Marsh----it's the lengthy one titled "An Overlooked Essential." He said he wrote it when he was half-drunk, but I really like it. I told him, man, you should review some more. Your public demands it! But he refuses to listen to his fans and remains silent. With most of the sets I find most or all of what I want to say has already been aired in a previous review. Maybe I should get half drunk.

Tod-watched Opera yesterday and didn't see one pop-up. Hats off to her. Unfortunately, Mosaic has made a further change by eliminating the "Search the Music Catalog" option. For those of us still catching up on older sets, it is now more difficult to run down the list and see the number of each set.

I'm sure it has been asked before, but did any board members write any of the reviews on the Mosaic site? If so, which ones?

I wrote the Teddy Wilson review that compared his music to Henry James. My excuse is that it was written late at night, and I just had to write something on this great set. After listening to most of the set one night, I felt I just had to write about the passion that was in the music, and, by chance, I was reading a ton of Henry James at the time. So, viola! the comparison came about. If I had it to do over, I feel I could write something much better. I believe that Lon wrote the review about "The Ordered Universe of Teddy Wilson" that also appears. Beware that late night urges to write a Mosaic review. ;)

I wrote a review for the Gerald Wilson set under the heading 'Masterful Orchestrations'. I'd seen Gerald live at the Hollywood Bowl some months before this set came out and was literally rendered speechless by the fantastic sounds coming from the stage, with Gerald conducting the band with gusto. What was astonishing that day was that 99.9% of the crowd were chatting away and chumping on burgers and not paying the slightest attention to the music on stage (which included ace renditions of 'Viva Tirado', 'Theme For Monterey' and a host of others). If Kenny G had come on stage, there would have been 100% attention ! ;)

This was one of the few sets that a pre-ordered - based on that experience alone .. :rhappy:

I [... ] was literally rendered speechless by the fantastic sounds coming from the stage, with Gerald conducting the band with gusto.

Literally rendered speechless. So you are one of those irritating people who normally talks throughout the concert, eh.... ;)

Au contraire ....... ;)