New Mosaic Homepage

I'd have to agree with Lon on this one. The old site was far "cleaner" in appearance; the front page, at least, was easy to navigate. The new one seems to have too much stuff all together. I guess the info is slightly faster to access, but that's about it.

It looks rather cheap in my view (the layout, the font of the links text), not very classy compared to the products they sell. Could be from the CD-Rom "Create a webshop in 5 minutes, from a choice of 10 templates" ;)

One quarter of the screen on the right side is empty on my 17" monitor (standard 1024x768 resolution), while I need to scroll down to see the complete list of available sets. It seems to be optimized for 640x480 resolution. :blink:

The musical categories are a good idea. It made me aware of the fact that "Kenton Presents Cooper, Holman & Rosolino" (#185) is a small band set. I always thought it to be a Stan Kenton big band set. This makes it more interesting.

Edited by Claude

Cluttered and busy-looking. Interestingly, the most useful button "Search the Music Catalog" is not on the opening page. To reach it, you must hit one one of the other buttons, which then shows the familiar listing of what is presently available. The revision isn't of much use to the regulars, but may help Mosaic rookies.

Guest Chaney

What I think might have worked better is if they had kept the prior homepage, added an ENTER button and have the current navigation page then appear.

Face it, the prior setup worked but once you got past the elegant homepage, it was as bland as could be. Strictly utilitarian.

I still like it. Easier to find what I'm looking for, and it highlights all the sets in a way that should make it quite a bit easier for those not familiar with every artist from all the titles currently in print. It highlights the new Select series nicely. A little color, but not too much. Just enough to focus the eye on the names of the sets themselves.

I still like it, and I like it better than the old one.

I like the categories and seeing all of the available sets on the homepage.

I have to say, other than looking pretty, the original homepage didn't have much going for it.

I would imagine that we will also start seeing the interior pages changing format as well, with the left sidebar most likely being replaced by a horizontal menu at the top of the page, just like the homepage.

I can't quite make up my mind about the background and text colors: white on black vs. black on white

Edited by mgraham333

I think it looks pretty good. One improvement is now it's easier to find the Mosaic Select sets, which were buried in the old site layout. Also, for those just getting into Mosaics, I think the new format will help. If it spurs Mosaic sales, I'm all for it (unless, that is, it's a race for items on the Last Chance list :rolleyes: ).

I do like the fact that Selects are listed out separately and the classic Mosaic sets are separated out by style or label. Overall, the page seems to work okay from a functional standpoint.

I like the idea someone else mentioned above. The original Homepage with Mobley, which would link to this page for checking out the catalog.

I like the organization. They could have left the old page as a home page to click through or something, but that gets old......fast. This works - and as far as getting the message across quickly to newbies, I'm sure it serves its purpose.

I won't be losing any sleep over it. THAT'S for sure. :blink:

Edited by BFrank

Guest Mnytime

I don't like it as well. And I miss the Musicians picture on the front page.

Now this talk about sidebars. I am obviously missing something somewhere but how do you see the whole page without a sidebar?