scottb

CD Universe has the February RVGs for their usual low price $8.39

Tina Brooks - True Blue

Art Blakey - A Night In Tunisia

Pete LaRoca - Basra

Hank Mobley - Hi Voltage

Johnny Coles - Little Johnny C

Ike Quebec - Heavy Soul

Also Available - Blue Note Perfect Takes - RVG (I guessing this is the interview disc) for $11.xx

Edited by scottb

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Ed and Matt.  I thought maybe I was missing some way to search for all RVG's, or upcoming releases, etc. :unsure:

No problem. Once people start ordering them in groups, they should start showing up under the heading, "CUSTOMERS WHO BOUGHT THIS ALSO BOUGHT:"

Just like Amazon. AllDirect.com generally is generally the cheapest, in my experience, but they don't have such conveniences--you have to know exactly what you want and just plow through each artist listing. :blink:

Edited by Ron S

What is this Blue Note Perfect Takes? I note it's not issued by Blue Note by Angel.

I think we're all assuming that it is:

Various Artists - Blue Note Perfect Takes - CD+DVD (Blue Note RVG Edition) Mar 2005

— Recording engineer Rudy van Gelder's favorite tunes from the RVG series; plus a bonus DVD featuring an interview with Rudy

mentioned over at Jazzmatazz

Got the Spainish version of True Blue and all the others except for Heavy Soul which I am sure I will pick up.

This is the best set yet. Hell I may upgrade them all. This is prime Blue Note country.

You should keep the spanish "True Blue", which is a TOCJ remastering and sounds perfect.

I've got that one, the JRVG of "Basra" and the MFSL CD of "Night in Tunesia", so I will pass on this batch.

Edited by Claude

What is this Blue Note Perfect Takes?  I note it's not issued by Blue Note by Angel.

I think we're all assuming that it is:

Various Artists - Blue Note Perfect Takes - CD+DVD (Blue Note RVG Edition) Mar 2005

— Recording engineer Rudy van Gelder's favorite tunes from the RVG series; plus a bonus DVD featuring an interview with Rudy

mentioned over at Jazzmatazz

In other words, ANOTHER way to get you to buy Blue Train all over again. :wacko:

In other words, ANOTHER way to get you to buy Blue Train all over again. :wacko:

Marketing's way of attracting "newbies". I think this is smart.

Available at Starbuck's, if you can find one. :D

I may get Basra, as I passed on it too many times when the vinyl was affordable.