Feb 15 RVGs

scottb

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've ordered many CDs from CDUniverse. I believe CDUniverse offers a good site and a good service. I've never pre-ordered from CDUniverse. I usually get the latest RVGs from Border's so I can get my hands on them on 'the' day of release. However, there are always a couple of the RVGs that Border's won't have available till a couple of weeks after the release date. This, in my opinion, is because somebody else already purchased the one RVG title Border's ordered or the local Border's store received the RVG title late.

I'm going to pre-order the 2/15/05 RVGs from CDUniverse. It will be good to get ALL the latest RVGs from the same source and at the discounted price. My question: when I pre-order from CDUniverse, can I expect the RVGs to be shipped on 2/15/05? Or, does CDUniverse ship the CDs before the 2/15/05 date so I can expect to receive the RVGs on 2/15/05?

Edited by wesbed

I have dealt with CDUniverse extensively over the years. Their preorder service is very reliable, BUT I have had new releases arrive before, on, and after the actual release date. You have to take into account the delivery from the manufacturers, and the vagaries of the U.S. Postal Service .... My suggestion ... calm yourself for a day or so Brad ... they will arrive. Seriously, I have not purchased a CD from Borders or B&N or any other retail outlet in Houston for about four years now. Ordering online assures me that I will get what I want without having to go through the "special order" at full price routine ...

I went through the latest Jazzmatazz this morning .. and now CDUniverse have about 25 albums on preorder for me extending up to April ....

All of RVGs shipped from CDUniverse today except BASRA.  Hopefully it's coming soon.  Anyone else get this?

Mine haven't shipped yet, but Basra says "Pre-Order Now! Available: Tuesday, February 15, 2005". All the other RVGs say "usually ships in 1-2 days".

I wonder if that will hold up the whole bunch. I think I selected the "ship them all together" option.

Tina Brooks - True Blue

Art Blakey - A Night In Tunisia

Pete LaRoca - Basra

Hank Mobley - Hi Voltage

Johnny Coles - Little Johnny C

Ike Quebec - Heavy Soul

This is a solid Blue Note list.

. . "Hey man. Recommend me five Blue Note Albums?"

.:. "Hm... les'see... how 'bout:

Tina Brooks - True Blue

Art Blakey - A Night In Tunisia

Pete LaRoca - Basra

Hank Mobley - Hi Voltage

Johnny Coles - Little Johnny C

Ike Quebec - Heavy Soul."

. . "Hey, that's six."

.:. "Oh well. There're plenty more."

This is a solid Blue Note list.

I just received this note from CDUniverse regarding BASRA.

Our supplier has run out of the items flagged as "backorder". We will continue to try to get these items for you and ship them as soon as we receive them. Some backorders come in the very next day, some never come in. After 4/1/2005 backordered items will be automatically cancelled. You can cancel backorders yourself by clicking the Order Status link on our home page. Thank you for shopping at CD Universe! Should you have any questions, feel free to contact us.

Edited by wesbed

This from CDUniverse on the Quebec RVG:

Notes:

Personnel: Ike Quebec (tenor saxophone); Freddie Roach (organ); Milt Hinton (bass); Al Harewood (drums). Producer: Alfred Lion. Reissue producer: Michael Cuscuna. Recorded at the Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey on November 26, 1961. Originally released on Blue Note (84093). Includes liner notes by Leonard Feather. Digitally remastered by Larry Walsh. All tracks have been digitally mastered using 24-bit technology.

:huh:

This from CDUniverse on the Quebec RVG:

Notes:

Personnel: Ike Quebec (tenor saxophone); Freddie Roach (organ); Milt Hinton (bass); Al Harewood (drums). Producer: Alfred Lion. Reissue producer: Michael Cuscuna. Recorded at the Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey on November 26, 1961. Originally released on Blue Note (84093). Includes liner notes by Leonard Feather. Digitally remastered by Larry Walsh. All tracks have been digitally mastered using 24-bit technology.

Was this ever issued as a Connoisseur? Perhaps part of the CDUniverse notes have been pulled from the notes that were used for the Connoisseur?

I don't know.