Feb 15 RVGs

scottb

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I deleted my cover. I forgot this wasn't the Politics forum. :ph34r:

I didn't mind your cover. (And, in a way, any thread involving RVG is going to be political.)

Actually, I'm kind of finding some (albeit sad) humor in all this. If it's Pete Sims' call to change the title — so be it. He's the artist. Is it censorship? I don't know. If it truly is Sims's decision, perhaps it's just revision. What if he retitled it Poop?

And I still say go with Tyra.

I deleted my cover. I forgot this wasn't the Politics forum.  :ph34r:

I didn't mind your cover. (And, in a way, any thread involving RVG is going to be political.)

Actually, I'm kind of finding some (albeit sad) humor in all this. If it's Pete Sims' call to change the title — so be it. He's the artist. Is it censorship? I don't know. If it truly is Sims's decision, perhaps it's just revision. What if he retitled it Poop?

And I still say go with Tyra.

If they retitled it to that, I just might buy it. :lol::lol:

I'm with you, go with Tyra. :lol::P

Sometimes I want to give a big thumbs-down to the powers-that-be at Blue Note.

Do not blame Blue Note... it isn't their doing.

Kevin Bresnahan:

You've opened a can of worms by offering the information about BASRA. Still, I'm glad to know the truth of the situation no matter how ridiculous it might appear. Thanks for submitting the post.

I would advise all board members to cease and desist with the public commentary on this whole LaRoca issue and concern themselves instead with removing all traces of this recording from their personal collections:

elling_duke_fareastsu_102b.jpg

Agreed. I didn't even realize that Saddam was on the cover of that one ...

Sometimes I want to give a big thumbs-down to the powers-that-be at Blue Note.

Do not blame Blue Note... it isn't their doing.

Kevin Bresnahan:

You've opened a can of worms by offering the information about BASRA. Still, I'm glad to know the truth of the situation no matter how ridiculous it might appear. Thanks for submitting the post.

I agree.

Thank you Kevin for sharing this. :tup

Time to dig a hole and climb into it.  

You ain't got yer hole dug yet? You're WAYYY behind! I been livin' out of my bunker since Ruby Ridge!

My scream for Kevin earlier was not blaming him in any way for the change or the info about the release in the first place. I was calling him for help and additional info much like the Bat signal. And, like Batman, he has come through again with the info.

Thanks Kevin.

Edited by scottb

Time to dig a hole and climb into it.  

You ain't got hole dug yet? You're WAYYY behind! I been livin' out of my bunker since Ruby Ridge!

My scream for Kevin earlier was not blaming him in any way for the change or the info about the release in the first place. I was calling him for help and additional infor much like the Bat signal. And, like Batman, he has come through again with the info.

Thanks Kevin.

:lol::lol:

Since it's dangerous to give albums exotic titles anymore and the fact that LaRoca/Sims is probably near retirement age...