Sale for list members only

The new Uptowns by Charlie Rouse ($15) and Allen Eager ($16) are available directly from me.

Until I leave on vacation (June 28) US shipping will be free. Orders from elsewhere will have the equivalent of US shipping deducted from their postage charge.

The free shipping extends to any Uptown and Nessa cds and discs on Delmark and Okka Disk.

During this period all Okka single disc titles will be $12 and Delmarks will be $10 (DD series), $13 (DE) and $14 (DG).

I can supply Okka and Uptown lists via Word files. Delmarks can be researched on their web site.

You can contact me at cnessa@earthlink.net.

:excited:

Guest Chaney

Until I leave on vacation (June 28)

Will our orders determine your vacation destination?

C'mon people, BUY! Let's send Chuck somewhere nice!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all for the orders (a few days left) and some info for Okka fans. I ran out of the Brotzmann 3 disc set, re-ordered from them and Bruno called to tell me the set is out of print. I suggest anyone interested search for it and get it now. Bruno said he still had 300 covers and might someday repress it "if he could".

Guest Chaney

Thanks to all for the orders (a few days left) and some info for Okka fans. I ran out of the Brotzmann 3 disc set, re-ordered from them and Bruno called to tell me the set is out of print.  I suggest anyone interested search for it and get it now. Bruno said he still had 300 covers and might someday repress it "if he could".

As Chuck let us down on this title - ;) - , for anyone interested, OTHER MUSIC in New York City was able to supply me with a copy of this one. I'm not sure if they have any left but if you've been a-lookin'...

By the way, while both Verge and Aquarius Records list this title as available, don't believe them (as I did) - they're both out of stock.

ON THE EDIT: Sorry, but I've just learned that I got the last copy being offered by Other Music. :(

Edited by Chaney

Thanks to all taking part. It will contribute to the reissue of my Warne Marsh material.

Thanks very much to you too, Chuck, and have an excellent trip.

That's exciting news about the Marsh release; please let us know when it's about to come out. :tup

Mine arrived today.. thought I'd thank you publicly.. The Eager is another first class production

When you've been listening to, and collecting Jazz for awhile, this kind of issue is very important.. hope you have similar projects about to germinate.

If you missedout on Chuck's deal... buy it anyway, an amazinly produced bit of rare Jazz history.. and great music besides.

More Please.

Edited by P.D.

The Eager is an amazing issue. A labour of love I would guess. It's not just archaelogy but the music stands up very well. The sound is very listenable indeed and needed not be feared. Besides Eager you get some Parker, Serge Chaloff and Dick Twardzik and Bud Powell all previously unissued !!!!

I don't know how Uptown does it but long may this line of issues continue.

Edited by Clunky

• 3 weeks later...