A Charlie Parker Watch ..

garthsj

I don't see a price for this but I've got the feeling it's very expensive.

To any jazz fan who's thinking about spending big bucks on a Bird vanity item:

Instead, please consider spending a comparable amount of money on Parker recordings that you will donate to schools and libraries in your area. Or on other activities to foster and propagate jazz in your community.

I just wish I still had the Hopalong Cassidy watch my grandparents gave me around 1961. Now THAT was a BEAUT (and probably worth hundreds today, even though at least half the members of this Board probably have absolutely NO idea who Hopalong Cassidy was). :blink:

A creative friend of mine who has since passed away once took apart a cheap watch and artistically inserted letters on the face of the watch. Once in a while I would wear it and whenever I would reflexively look at my wrist to see what time it was, I would read those letters instead. It said, "NOW'S THE TIME". And I would always chuckle. And damn, I've lost (or seriously misplaced) that watch. ^_^

I just wish I still had the Hopalong Cassidy watch my grandparents gave me around 1961.  Now THAT was a BEAUT (and probably worth hundreds today, even though at least half the members of this Board probably have absolutely NO idea who Hopalong Cassidy was).  :blink:

hoppywatch.jpg

Thanks for finding that! :D After seeing your post, I did a Google Images search and found the same photo--they want $150 for it (the watch, not the photo)! DAMN--if I only still had that Roy Rogers lunchbox I got in '62! :wacko: