Dylan SACDs

GregK

Wow...tempting, I must say, just for the updated standard CD remasterings...I could actually care less about the SACD layer. Might have to take the plunge...just might...

Another cheap option would be to get the midpriced CDs released last summer, which have the new remastering too.

Over on the Steve Hoffman forums, someone posted a link to join yourmusic.com at $4.99 per CD with no shipping and handling. I just followed it and it appears to work. The link is: http://a.chtah.com/a/hBBnRfiAT9DbEAT9NMMAEY28iSa/ym1

FYI, I have the Dylan box on its way to my house for $79.84!!!!

Later,

Kevin

Kevin:

I'm already a member of your music.com

When I followed the link you posted it took me to the Home page-with cds at $5.99 each.

Are you sure you guys got $4.99 each?

If so, I wonder if I can change my membership to $4.99??

Anyone else have this issue as well?

Jeff

I tried to join again following the link. I was able to get to the $4.99 home page, but when I attempted to enter my ID info it took me to a page that showed all cds-$5.99.

Further it states in their fine print for cancellation that when you cancel your membership they still ship you the cds on your list at $5.99 before closing your account.

Strange?? :alien:

Anyone else figure how to cancel and rejoin at $4.99?

It's pretty weird that they have 2 different memberships..

Maybe the $4.99 membership gets you backordered cds only :g

Maybe I'll just stick with $5.99 and pretend to be happy B-)

I have received all the cds I've ordered.

2 days ago I ordered 3 of the BN Connoisseurs: Wilson, Hill, and Hutcherson.

I don't want to jeopardize that order :rolleyes:

Advice?

Yes, this is a site with some pitfalls and weirdo stocking/shipping problems. I ordered the Von Freeman; when my order arrived, it showed the Von Freeman on backorder "cancelled"-- three days later it showed up unbidden! Weird :wacko:

Plus, some of the pictures (lie those showing MSFL) are incorrect. OTOT, no tax, no shipping. :)

FYI, I have the Dylan box on its way to my house for $79.84!!!!

Quoting myself because I just can't do it. I can't order this box. I just ain't a big enough Dylan fan. I picked up "The Freewheelin' Bob Bylan" from BMG and yeah, it's OK, but I don't play it that much. I'm afraid if I get this 1) I blow my CD budget for a month (or more when the wife gets the bill) and 2) It will just wind up in my trade pile in a few months.

Later,

Kevin

I just tried to rejoin at the $4.99 with a new email address and I get this error:

WD45,

Try again. I just cancelled my subscription and rejoined, using the link provided previously in this discussion, and am now getting the 4.99 deal.

Unbelievable.

Ordered the Dylan SACD box and the 'Seven Steps to Heaven' box for $114.77.

I have placed two prior orders with YourMusic.com with no problems whatsoever. If they can manage to ship these boxes at this price, I'll be floored... :blink:

i don't like the idea of them charging you $5 a month whether or not they send you a cd, especially in light of reports that many titles are backordered or unavailable. just for the sake of argument, i did a search using my current want list. every search resulted in the message: "We're sorry, there are no (Kenny Dorham, Teddy Edwards, Eddie Henderson, Mulgrew Miller, Vincent Herring, etc.) albums available at this time." i don't think this deal is for me.

It's the traditional book club system that Bertelsmann (the owner of yourmusic) and others have been using for decades. The selection is mainstream, but if you find something interesting every month (which shouldn't be too difficult unless you have a very specialized taste or you own everything already) you can save a lot. One needs to be disciplined and not buy new releases immediately elsewhere but wait until the club is offering them, which may not happen with every disc.

As the subscription can be cancelled at any time, the risk is very limited.

I just tried to rejoin at the $4.99 with a new email address and I get this error:

WD45,

Try again. I just cancelled my subscription and rejoined, using the link provided previously in this discussion, and am now getting the 4.99 deal.

Unbelievable.

Ordered the Dylan SACD box and the 'Seven Steps to Heaven' box for $114.77.

I have placed two prior orders with YourMusic.com with no problems whatsoever. If they can manage to ship these boxes at this price, I'll be floored... :blink:

This time, it worked!

Woo! :rhappy: