BN titles not on the webpage anymore..

sal

I've noticed in the past that when you go to the artists discography page, and an album title is no longer there, that it ususally ends up being RVG'd or re-released in some updated form within a year. Anyone else notice this?

Well, "Inner Urge", along with some Dexter Gordon titles (Feelin' Alright, One Flight Up) are no longer listed under the artist discographies at bluenote.com. I didn't get to check any other artists, but there might be more. Do you think we can expect RVGs of these titles sometime next year??? Or am I way off?

Sorry davef. Blues Walk is still there.

I remember not long before they announced this most recent crop of RVGs, they removed Our Man in Paris, Adam's Apple, and all the other ones....which leads me to believe what I said.

I'm thrilled that "Mode For Joe" is getting the RVG treatment, and "Inner Urge" would be very welcome too.

Really, I think all of Joe's BN albums as a leader should be in print, always, and they could all use the sonic upgrade.

Not one of them even comes close to being more of a Conn, than an RVG. Joe is one of the core people on the label, as much as Herbie or Horace Silver or Grant Green.

Just wish Joe had recorded more dates as a leader for BN, though thankfully he's a sideman on at least a couple dozen recordings.

Edited by Rooster_Ties