BMG Sale Corner

Big Al

What is the best deal that would also allow you to fulfill your obligation to buy one full price disc? Is there any "buy one get some # free deal" that comes around?

I also got notification that BMG will be shipping the correct discs and I can keep the wrong ones I received earlier. Surprisingly, someone already picked up the Shakira disc when I listed it for sale.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John - When I originally fulfilled my membership obligation, it was with a 3 disc box set that was on sale. Since its sale price was greater than the regular price of a single disc, they let me use it as my "one at regular price" requirement.

You might look into that and see if any of the inexpensive box sets that you may have your eyes on would fulfill your requirement.

-Erik

John - When I originally fulfilled my membership obligation, it was with a 3 disc box set that was on sale. Since its sale price was greater than the regular price of a single disc, they let me use it as my "one at regular price" requirement.

You might look into that and see if any of the inexpensive box sets that you may have your eyes on would fulfill your requirement.

-Erik

Erik -

Great idea! I'll have to browse the site tomorrow.

Anybody else having trouble with their SHOPPING CART on the BMG site?

I can browse and navigate around the site but when I go to my Shopping Cart it is a blank page. It's been doing this for several days and I keep waiting for it to correct itself but so far no dice.

I've got some free ones coming and I can't see my cart to order them! I NEED MY FREE DISCS!!

Ghost of Miles, thanks for the clearance updates. Please keep them coming.

No prob. I had just picked up the Henderson as one of my freebies for re-joining a couple of months ago--hope somebody else can nab it for the cheap price now and use their freebie pick for another!

Right now I'm listening to JUKEBOX ELLA, which I also got by cashing in some of my free vouchers. If you wait long enough, BMG nearly always gets the Ella Verve re-issues.

Muskrat, I think I've touched upon this above (it's a long thread!), but anyway...It's my belief that in regard to jazz that BMG doesn't pick up anything that was released more than a year ago. Similarly, if BMG picks up an item by an artist, it won't be picking up a previously released item by that artist.

This is just my observation - no inside knowledge here.

Similarly, if BMG picks up an item by an artist, it won't be picking up a previously released item by that artist.

I have, on a few occasions, noticed BMG stocking a newer version of an item they previously had. For instance, Dexter Gordon's 'Go'. I purchased the old McMaster version of this when they had it in their Clearance section. A few months later, they received the RVG edition. Another example would be Art Blakey's 'Night at Birdland' (I forget which of the two volumes it was...). For a while, they actually had both the McMaster version and the RVG at the same time...for the same price, no less! :wacko:

Edited by street singer

Similarly, if BMG picks up an item by an artist, it won't be picking up a previously released item by that artist.

I have, on a few occasions, noticed BMG stocking a newer version of an item they previously had. For instance, Dexter Gordon's 'Go'. I purchased the old McMaster version of this when they had it in their Clearance section. A few months later, they received the RVG edition. Another example would be Art Blakey's 'Night at Birdland' (I forget which of the two volumes it was...). For a while, they actually had both the McMaster version and the RVG at the same time...for the same price, no less! :wacko:

I don't know if this is still the case but, a while back, they were charging more for the original two disc set of Bitches Brew than for the Complete four disc set. I never understood that one.

Looks like BMG only has about half the Ella songbook sets. (They have the big complete box set, but that's only at full price.) Did they have the others already and sell out of those, or do you all expect them to get those in some day?

BMG sold the complete box set for about $80 (with tax, shipping - about $115) about 1 1/2 years ago. Every so often the box sets are discounted.

I don't know if this is still the case but, a while back, they were charging more for the original two disc set of Bitches Brew than for the Complete four disc set. I never understood that one.

It is apparently still the case, at least if you purchase BB at it's "normal" 2 disc price of $27.98. The 4 disc box has an everyday sale price of $23.99.

My current offer is "Unlimited $4.99 cds", so the 2 disc BB is currently $9.98, plus s/h.

Muskrat, I think I've touched upon this above (it's a long thread!), but anyway...It's my belief that in regard to jazz that BMG doesn't pick up anything that was released more than a year ago. Similarly, if BMG picks up an item by an artist, it won't be picking up a previously released item by that artist.

This isn't even close to being correct. They recently added the Buffalo Springfield box set, which was released 3 years ago. They also added a Son Volt disc, originally released in 1996, and the I-10 chronicles, originally released around '99. These are original issues, not reissues.

It's my belief that in regard to jazz that BMG doesn't pick up anything that was released more than a year ago...

This isn't even close to being correct. They recently added the Buffalo Springfield box set, which was released 3 years ago. They also added a Son Volt disc, originally released in 1996, and the I-10 chronicles, originally released around '99. These are original issues, not reissues.

I made it clear I was talking about jazz.

Neither the Buffalo Springfield nor Son Volt nor I-10 Chronicles were listed among the Jazz new selections, which is the source of my observations.

New additions:

Sam Rivers : Fushia Swing Song

Larry Young : Mother Ship

Charlie Rouse : Bossa Nova Bacchanal

Charlie Parker : Verve Masters (3CD)

Chicago : Box set (5 CDs/ 1 DVD)

Mary Chapin Carpenter : Essential

Eagles : Very Best of (2 CD)

Al Green : I Can't Stop

Beth Orton : The other side of Daybreak

Tom Petty : Live at the Olympic: Last Dj & More (CD/DVD combo)

Neil Young & Crazy Horse : Greendale (CD/DVD combo)

Randy Travis : Worship & Faith

Dwight Yoakam : In Other Words

Jay-Z : The Black Album

Edited by Tjazz