BMG Sale Corner

Big Al

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Erik, where do you get these codes, anyway (not that I'm looking a gift horse in the mouth)? :)

There's a BMG thread on the DVD Talk Forum. I discovered it a while back and bookmarked it. People post the codes there.

Where the codes originate from, I have no idea! But I'm not going to turn them down either. At this point BMG wouldn't be issuing them if they had problems with so many folks using them, I think.

PS - there's a thread about free magazine subscriptions on there too. Sometimes find some decent things. I've ended up with Paste, Blender, TV Guide (not sure why I got this, as I really don't watch much tv at all other than sportsl & news), and Motor Trend.

Edited by Aggie87

Thanks Agg! I picked up a 2-disc Sonny Boy Williamson, a Frank Sinatra disc, and a Gato Barbieri live album.

Thanks for the codes, Aggie. I was just about to post that I've pretty much cleaned BMG out of the titles I'm interested in, but then Noj's post reminded me that I still need to pick up the Essential Sonny Boy Williamson...I might get the Canned Heat Uncanned set too.

Does it seem like BMG is getting desperate lately? I've been bombarded with "deals" on a weekly basis for the past month or two. With sales of CDs dropping precipitously, they must be starting to wonder where their future business is coming from.

My worry is that they're using these free codes to just clear out their inventory for an eventual shut down...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This month I actually quit the club for the first time in a long while.

I was just ordering things I sort-of wanted with the free coupons, having already ordered everything I was really enthusiastic about.

Given a limited CD budget, I am better off buying things I REALLY want via Amazon or locally, rather than piddling away the dollars on things I kinda want.

Also, now that BMG has nixed most of the Sony/Columbia catalog, there are fewer and fewer things coming along that I want. That, and the BN titles that do show up seem to stick around for such a short period of time.

Just my experience. Thanks for listening! :rhappy:

• 1 month later...

70% Off CDs, plus Free Shipping

D8F1 thru 6

Codes 1 & 2 say that they are for “Today Only!” but I don't know when "today" starts for this sale.

Codes 5 & 6 give this message “Order Now for On-Time Holiday Delivery” as well.

After a quick check, it does not look like the free shipping works for box sets.

Sorry GA, haven't seen any in a while. Hopefully they'll cough up a few more for us before too long.

Dude, you better get on it! :rolleyes:

Ok ok since you guys have been so nice to me lately (:rolleyes:), here's an extra special super code:

D8E1 - 3 free discs

There are 2 really cool things about this code.

1. It's not a one-time only code, so you can use it to your heart's content.

2. It's good for 2 disc sets (i.e. you can order 3 two-disc sets in one order, for free).

Have fun - even you, Ron!!