BMG Sale Corner

Big Al

I can confirm the closure message in the mailing. One more club mailing to follow but will be able to shop online through June.

June 30, 2009 is the last day of BMG music service. It says May 31, 2009 is the last day to redeem free music you might have. It also says something about sending more info about yourmusic.

You know it's the end when they actually put contact info on the sheet.

email: cs1@bmgmusicservice.com

phone: 1-888-443-8264

Saw this on the DVD Talk forum BMG thread today.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just got the Sonny Stitt - STIS IN WITH THE OSCAR PETERSON TRIO

Digipak with no BMG label markings.

I received the Crusaders PASS THE PLATE and Lalo Schifrin's PIANO, STRINGS, AND BOSSA NOVA also in digipaks.

For the Verve Originals that came in jewel cases, if you remove the black tray and replace it with a clear tray, you'll find more information printed on the back side of the jewel-case tray card.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, I am just catching up after being gone for an extended weekend.

F9E1 - 3 free cds

This one works on 2 disc sets again. I don't know how many more of these codes are going to show up before BMG shuts down (or how long they'll be valid), so if you want to use them, I'd recommend not waiting too long!

More props for their customer service: using one of the free codes, I ordered:

Luiz Bonfa PLAYS AND SINGS BOSSA NOVA

Sonny Stitt SITS IN WITH OSCAR PETERSON

The BLACK ORPHEUS remaster

Stan Getz in STOCKHOLM

They sent Luiz Bonfa's Violão E O Samba instead of Plays and Sings. When I contacted BMG about this, they said to keep Violao and they would send Plays and Sings at no charge, which they did.

No lie: I actually felt guilty enough about this to tell them to bill me for the replacement!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I managed to snooze through the free shipping code that expired a week or so ago - anyone know if there's another similar code that still works? There are a few discs I'd like to pick up before BMG closes its doors for good (on, I believe, the 23rd), but I'm weighing the chances of another free shipping promotion happening between now and then before deciding whether to pull the trigger now or wait a bit longer.