BMG Sale Corner

Big Al

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to Aggie's codes, I've just pulled the trigger on these four:

Various Artists - Cafe Jazz (Savoy bebop)

Manu Katche - Neighbourhood (I thiink it was sidewinder who strongly recommended this.)

Horace Silver - Horace-Scope (has Nica's Dream on it)

Return to Forever - Light as a Feather (I've heard it's good.)

Would anyone getting the good box set offer be willing to help me out on 1 or 2 box sets and have them shipped directly to me? I could pay you by check or by Paypal and I'd be willing to buy you a single selection from BMG for your efforts like Aggie did. I was interested in:

Vladamir Horowitz: The Complete Recordings On Deutche Grammophon (6-CD)

and possibly, depending on cost,

Neville Marriner: Complete Mozart Edition 1 (12-CD)

I'm pretty well set as far as the jazz box sets and other genres are concerned so I like to pick up some classical. Please let me know if you'd be willing to help me out.

Would anyone getting the good box set offer be willing to help me out on 1 or 2 box sets and have them shipped directly to me? I could pay you by check or by Paypal and I'd be willing to buy you a single selection from BMG for your efforts like Aggie did. I was interested in:

I'm pretty well set as far as the jazz box sets and other genres are concerned so I like to pick up some classical. Please let me know if you'd be willing to help me out.

PM sent.

PM sent.

You stud, you.

PM sent.

You stud, you.

Not really--I sent him a PM saying that Big Al would probably do it for him. :P

Hey Aggie,

I think you're probably going to really enjoy that Steely Dan set. I bought it years ago and was basically only familiar with their greatest hits and/or what I heard of them on the radio at the time so most of the set was new to me. What an eye opener that was! Usually there is so much fluff and filler that I was hoping to enjoy 1/2 or 3/4 of the discs but I loved them all. The Steely Dan box set is a sure winner!

Thanks Mikelz! I have a couple of SD discs right now, though not all of 'em. My only concern was whether there's been significantly better sounding reissues since then, or discs with bonus material. Doesn't seem to be the case here.

And for these crazy prices it's stupid not to pick up stuff you're even half-way considering. Like you I am pretty set on all of the jazz boxes I wanted from BMG. And for the most part, the rock stuff too.

Hey Aggie,

I think you're probably going to really enjoy that Steely Dan set. I bought it years ago and was basically only familiar with their greatest hits and/or what I heard of them on the radio at the time so most of the set was new to me. What an eye opener that was! Usually there is so much fluff and filler that I was hoping to enjoy 1/2 or 3/4 of the discs but I loved them all. The Steely Dan box set is a sure winner!

Like you I am pretty set on all of the jazz boxes I wanted from BMG. And for the most part, the rock stuff too.

There are some phenomenal prices on the classical boxes, also (e.g., the 12-disc Neville Marriner Complete Mozart Symphonies for 10 bucks and change).

But maybe that classical stuff's a bit over your head. :rolleyes:

Like you I am pretty set on all of the jazz boxes I wanted from BMG. And for the most part, the rock stuff too.

There are some phenomenal prices on the classical boxes, also (e.g., the 12-disc Neville Marriner Complete Mozart Symphonies for 10 bucks and change).

But maybe that classical stuff's a bit over your head. :rolleyes:

Well duh, I *AM* an Aggie.

PM sent.

You stud, you.

Not really--I sent him a PM saying that Big Al would probably do it for him. :P

:rofl:

I'll gladly do it! :g

Placed an order using both the get three free and get one free. I found the codes here. Placed the order last week. Still says "not shipped" under status.

That sucks

I think you'll get them. It's been taking BMG a bit longer than normal lately to get orders out, in my experience. Maybe due to the volume, with all the good sales that are going on. Sometimes they send things to you and they don't post them as being shipped, too.

Placed an order using both the get three free and get one free. I found the codes here. Placed the order last week. Still says "not shipped" under status.

That sucks

I think you'll get them. It's been taking BMG a bit longer than normal lately to get orders out, in my experience. Maybe due to the volume, with all the good sales that are going on. Sometimes they send things to you and they don't post them as being shipped, too.

Also, you can't go by the shipping date on the order history page, once it appears. Often, that page will show the shipping date as the date the order was placed, and then several days later you'll receive a shipping notice from them with a later (and presumably the actual) shipping date.

That sucks

Also, you can't go by the shipping date on the order history page, once it appears. Often, that page will show the shipping date as the date the order was placed, and then several days later you'll receive a shipping notice from them with a later (and presumably the actual) shipping date.

True that.

I can't help but wonder if BMG is offering these wild sales as a way of dumping inventory in preparation for an impending shut-down. I hope not. :(

Well, my four orders have just gone from "pending cc authorization" to "shipping." Ordered over 50 boxes (!) and only three are "temp out of stock," including the Ella box set.

Y'know, on Saturday, I checked my account and it said that everything had shipped. Just now, after reading the above post, my account now says that the Ella box is "Temp Out of Stock" as well. How it can go from being "shipped" to "temp out of stock" baffles me. Especially since my account balance includes the price of the Ella box! :(

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone else get a notice that their box set orders during the last "prices to be too good to be true sale (i.e. Ella set at $29.33) were either cancelled due to BMG no longer carrying the item or claim that order was cancelled due to "item being returned?"

Several of my box set orders were cancelled even though item is still available on their website and bogus claim that I had returned the item already (though never even received it)

I did get the Ella and Ray Charles sets at give-away prices so at least that worked out.

I just fired off a complaint to BMG Customer Service on the orders "cancelled"

Anyone else dealing with this issue?