BMG Sale Corner

Big Al

Did anyone else get a notice that their box set orders during the last "prices to be too good to be true sale (i.e. Ella set at $29.33) were either cancelled due to BMG no longer carrying the item or claim that order was cancelled due to "item being returned?"

Several of my box set orders were cancelled even though item is still available on their website and bogus claim that I had returned the item already (though never even received it)

I did get the Ella and Ray Charles sets at give-away prices so at least that worked out.

I just fired off a complaint to BMG Customer Service on the orders "cancelled"

Anyone else dealing with this issue?

Yep, I received 9 boxes already, but just checked and a bunch have been listed as "returned."

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone else get a notice that their box set orders during the last "prices to be too good to be true sale (i.e. Ella set at $29.33) were either cancelled due to BMG no longer carrying the item or claim that order was cancelled due to "item being returned?"

Several of my box set orders were cancelled even though item is still available on their website and bogus claim that I had returned the item already (though never even received it)

I did get the Ella and Ray Charles sets at give-away prices so at least that worked out.

I just fired off a complaint to BMG Customer Service on the orders "cancelled"

Anyone else dealing with this issue?

Yes--3 box sets were cancelled on an order I had placed for someone else. When I called BMG, I was told that the prices on those particular box sets (including the Ella Song Books at $29.33, incidentally) had been listed in error, and that was why they were cancelled from the order. Pretty crappy customer relations, IMO, but there doesn't seem to be anything that can be done about it. :angry:

Ooops--just noticed that a few of the other sets are now shown as "returned" on the order history page. I'll have to call again and find out what's what--and maybe this time try to get to a higher level.

I just spoke to a supervisor at BMG customer service. Basically, there was a major fuck-up, and all the box sets were incorrectly marked down to those low, low prices. She said a few box sets have gone out at those prices, and they aren't going to do anything about those, but they've either cancelled or marked "returned" all the rest that they've been able to catch (and they won't be shipped at the extremely low prices).

So that's it folks. It seemed like it was too good to be true, and it was. :(

EDIT: Just to clarify, the charges for the sets marked "returned" have already been charged to our credit cards, but those sets will not be shipped and the charges will be refunded (hence being treated as "returned").

Edited by Ron S

Well, I received nine boxes on Tuesday and have shipping confirmations (via email) on another dozen sets - which "should" arrive today or tomorrow if the schedule holds. This corresponds with the on-line invoices that state "shipped." I never received shipping confirmations for the sets now marked "returned," so hopefully I should still end up with around 20 boxes from this "sale."

Ah well, can't complain too loudly. Things that are too good to be true usually are. No skin off my back.

Aggie, I'm mailing your check back to you.

Al - Save yourself the postage and just tear it up, that's fine with me.

Thanks again for the effort!

PS - If you were Ron, I'd make you send the check back, just to be safe.

Well, I received nine boxes on Tuesday and have shipping confirmations (via email) on another dozen sets - which "should" arrive today or tomorrow if the schedule holds. This corresponds with the on-line invoices that state "shipped." I never received shipping confirmations for the sets now marked "returned," so hopefully I should still end up with around 20 boxes from this "sale."

20 box sets, that's a pretty good catch.

I think I ordered over 50 and will only get about 2 or 3.

Ah well, can't complain too loudly. Things that are too good to be true usually are. No skin off my back.

Aggie, I'm mailing your check back to you.

Al - Save yourself the postage and just tear it up, that's fine with me.

Will do. Consider it VOID.

Thanks to Aggie's codes, I've just pulled the trigger on these four:

Various Artists - Cafe Jazz (Savoy bebop)

Manu Katche - Neighbourhood (I thiink it was sidewinder who strongly recommended this.)

Horace Silver - Horace-Scope (has Nica's Dream on it)

Return to Forever - Light as a Feather (I've heard it's good.)

I received three of these promptly, but the Cafe Jazz is listed as temporarily out of stock. Since the Savoy/Dial Parker box is no longer carried, I am wondering if BMG is no longer carrying anything of that label.

Well, another 15 sets came today - more than 30 overall - all shipped individually. Since I had them shipped to my work, the mail room guys are pretty pissed off at me. I think I'll bring them a box of donuts tomorrow morning. :lol: I can't believe they'd ship them like that - so wasteful!

Saw this code in another thread -- M8C15

Expires today, 2/3 off, free shipping, triple music points.

Nabbed the Granz Jam Sessions set and the Debussy & Ravel, Orchestral Works conducted by Jean Martinon. $23.99 ea. Nice! $4.80 and $3.00 per disc, respectively.

:tup

Nabbed the Granz Jam Sessions set and the Debussy & Ravel, Orchestral Works conducted by Jean Martinon. $23.99 ea. Nice! $4.80 and $3.00 per disc, respectively.

The code expires today.

Drat, the Granz is listed in my account as "Temporarily Out of Stock."

• 2 weeks later...

"Codes, Codes, get your Codes here! Get 'em while they're hot!!"

A8E1 - get 1 free disc

A8E2 - get 3 free discs

Aggie, I love you, man!

With the codes, I've just ordered:

Al Cohn Quintet

Brown/Roach - At Basin Street (with Sonny!)

Bobby Hutcherson - Happenings

Robert Palmer - The Very Best of the Island Years

Thanks to Aggie's codes, I've just pulled the trigger on these four:

Various Artists - Cafe Jazz (Savoy bebop)

Manu Katche - Neighbourhood (I thiink it was sidewinder who strongly recommended this.)

Horace Silver - Horace-Scope (has Nica's Dream on it)

Return to Forever - Light as a Feather (I've heard it's good.)

I received three of these promptly, but the Cafe Jazz is listed as temporarily out of stock. Since the Savoy/Dial Parker box is no longer carried, I am wondering if BMG is no longer carrying anything of that label.

You will note that my order was placed Feb. 29. Last week I received a postcard from BMG saying that Cafe Jazz was still on back order and thank you for your patience.

Today I received an email telling me that Cafe Jazz has shipped!

On the way, for free:

Common - Finding Forever

Coltrane - Giant Steps [was waiting for the Atlantic box, but will get this for now]

Ben Webster - Soulville

Pharoah Sanders - Elevation

And from the clearance section, $1.99 ea:

Hilary Hahn - Bach violin concertos

John Adams - Road Movies

:rhappy:

My free picks:

Thelonious Monk - Quartet with John Coltrane at Carnegie Hall

Monk - Genius of Modern Music, v.1

Frank Foster - Manhattan Fever

With all these BMG buys over the last couple of months I'm reaching the saturation point with their catalog. I could still use the other free code plus I have 2 free picks left from my membership but I'm not sure what to pick. I have several options but I'm kind of ambivalent about all of them. I guess you can't go wrong at $2.79 a pop no matter what the pick.