Yourmusic.com corner

Big Al

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good idea, Al.

I'm also sitting the fence on this one. The $4.99 deal almost pushed me over the edge, but now that it appears to be back up to $5.99, so I'm in no particular hurry.

Aw heck, I'll probably sign up, as it only took about an hour to come up with this want list (all supposedly readily available):

Duke Ellington - Piano in the Foreground

Duke Ellington - Piano in the Background

Charles Mingus - Mingus x5

Ornette Coleman - Complete Science Fiction

Cecil Taylor - Conquistador

Larry Young - Mothership

Hank Mobley - Straight No Filter

Wayne Shorter - JuJu

Miles Davis - Seven Steps (box set)

Ornette Coleman - At the Golden Circle, Vol 2

Miles Davis Quintet - Workin' (K2)

Roland Kirk - Domino

Thad Jones / Mel Lewis - Consummation

Frank Sinatra - Songs for Swingin' Lovers

Lee Morgan - Sixth Sense

Cannonball Adderley - Mercy, Mercy, Mercy

Donald Byrd - Byrd in Hand

Dexter Gordon - Go

Thelonious Monk - Columbia Years (x3), Monk's Dream

Sonny Rollins - Complete Prestige Recordings

Grant Green - Grantstand

Jazz Messengers - At the Cafe Bohemia Vol 1

:wacko:

Well, I joined up New Year's Eve on the $5.99 plan. In my opinion, a good deal, but hey a buck's a buck and they all add up.

At any rate, first shipment arrived yesterday

7 Steps to Heaven

Live at the Blackhawk (4CD set)

Complete Jack Johnson

A Capitol comp entitled Torch Songs (2 CDs)

all for around $115 tax incl.

Someone on the Steve Hoffman forum e-mailed them the $4.99 link and asked to get switched over to the lower cost plan. They did it. So, give it a try. E-mail them the link and tell them you would like to be put into the $4.99 plan.

BTW, I just got my first order today. Miles Davis "Complete Seven Steps" for less than $35... I just couldn't pass that up. I also got my first music queue shipment: Hill's "Dance With Death".

Later,

Kevin

This site is working great for me. I've been receiving monthly queue items since November, and an extra order, all just as advertised-$5.99 no S&H. And they seem to be sent rather quickly. The queue items arrive within a week, as did my extra order. Next up-Eric Dolphy Illinois Concert

I'm on the fence too. My cart at BMG has 10-12 discs that I could queue up but for $4.99 I bet I could find a lot more!

I guess I could upgrade to K2s. I don't have any at this point.

What about the remastered Coltrane on Atlantic, are those worth upgrading? (at this point they haven't been worth $15 but $5 maybe so)

I ordered 15 cds last week. All but four are on backorder.

Ditto. Nearly everything I order is on "Backorder." This is a very odd operation indeed. Either they are overwhelmed with orders (a possibility at those prices) or this is some kind of come-on that's not going to make it. They don't seem to have any stock at all. What's up with that?

I did get a few CDs out of them. They do have SACD and K2 remasters, but be careful-- the pics don't always show the actual item (i.e., no MoFi <_< ) . Make sure the listing states SACD or remastered.

I also ordered 7 double-disc sets (two of which included DVDs also), for $9.99 apiece, last week. Each title was listed as being on backorder up until Monday, at which point there status had changed to state "shipped on 7 Jan 05".

My initial queue item (Larry Young's Of Love & Peace) showed as being shipped on 6 Jan, and arrived today. So 4 business days to arrive, which seems quite a bit quicker than what BMG itself does for me. So hopefully my big shipment arrives tomorrow...

Now I'm thinking that the backorder status is just the status they use instead of "PROCESSING" or something, until the order actually ships.

Are the catalogues of both sites pretty much identical?

yes. yourmusic.com is BMG-everything the same, even the invoice and boxes they use to ship the discs in. I don't understand it, but I like it!

I've yet to have the backorder problem-I've received the Relaxin' SACD and the Lush Life SACD without any problem.

yes. yourmusic.com is BMG-everything the same, even the invoice and boxes they use to ship the discs in. I don't understand it, but I like it!

I've yet to have the backorder problem-I've received the Relaxin' SACD and the Lush Life SACD without any problem.

I also got the Relaxin' SACD. I hope the backorders come through. :unsure:

Actually, Joe, if you decide to join you can get a couple recent Allman Bros, with Derek Trucks, for that low price. Check out Hittin the Note and One Way Out, which is the live set from the Beacon in 2003. Both are worth it for his solos on Desdemona (especially the live one) and Dreams

curious if the new $4.99 pp has something to do with it?

i had ordered a couple from the cart @ $5.99 last month as christrmas presents and all were received fast.

now that I am using the $4.99 ticket i get nothing but this-

"The first three items listed in your Music Queue are currently on backorder. Since we are unable to ship any of your Music Queue picks at this time, we will not charge your credit card for this month.

We appreciate your understanding and hope that you are enjoying your subscription to yourmusic.com.

Thank you,

yourmusic.com"

:rolleyes:

I don't think so ... just a few examples: BMG is offering Sonny Stitt "Personal Appearance," Larry Young "Unity" and Johnny Griffin "JG" ... I don't see any of these at yourmusic.

Of course, I joined anyway. :D

I don't think so ... just a few examples: BMG is offering Sonny Stitt "Personal Appearance," Larry Young "Unity" and Johnny Griffin "JG" ... I don't see any of these at yourmusic.

Of course, I joined anyway. :D

well, this is from the yourmusic.com web site:

Copyright © 2004 BMG Direct, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Definitely a BMG company-I'm sure everything BMG has is or will very soon be available in yourmusic.com

Those titles are no longer on the BMG site.

The only difference I've seen is "newly added" titles show up on the BMG page a day or two earlier.

I also ordered 7 double-disc sets (two of which included DVDs also), for $9.99 apiece, last week. Each title was listed as being on backorder up until Monday, at which point there status had changed to state "shipped on 7 Jan 05".

My initial queue item (Larry Young's Of Love & Peace) showed as being shipped on 6 Jan, and arrived today. So 4 business days to arrive, which seems quite a bit quicker than what BMG itself does for me. So hopefully my big shipment arrives tomorrow...

Now I'm thinking that the backorder status is just the status they use instead of "PROCESSING" or something, until the order actually ships.

Whenever I make a massive order thru the regular BMG website, I would often get notice that everything was backordered, and then it would all ship without problem.

The shipping notification would often come a day before the items would arrive.

Those titles are no longer on the BMG site.

I already have "Unity" but I guess that explains why the other two, which I ordered recently from the BMG catalog, haven't come yet!

Joined last week and got my first package yesterday:

Velvet Undergound- Peel Back & See

Complete Cliff Brown Blue Note/Pacific

Keith Jarrett- Whisper Not

also expecting Complete Louis & Ella box and complete Sonny Rollins Prestige box.

My queue is full of classical SACDs, Elvis Costello, and a couple of jazz titles. No reported "backorder" problems so far.

Based on Kevin's suggestion, I emailed them a request to switch to the $4.99 plan. I received notice today that I had been switched and that they would refund the difference from my first order.

When I went to the site just now, I got the $5.99 homepage. When I logged in.....Voila - $4.99

Thanks for the suggestion Kevin. :tup