Yourmusic.com corner

Big Al

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I placed a large order (20+ discs) with yourmusic about 3 weeks ago and supposedly all of the items shipped on the same day a couple days after placing the order. I received one item (the Jack Johnson box) a week ago, but still haven't received any of the other items. Has anyone else experienced a big delay between receiving seperate items that were supposedly shipped together?

How was your order shipped? Was it a single package or 20 individual mailings?

In light of the recent news of a price increase I was thinking of placing a large order. However, I don't really want to do that if it means I will have a pile of boxes on my porch.

(Actually, I would like that. I wouldn't like having to explain it to what would soon be my ex though).

I placed a large order (20+ discs) with yourmusic about 3 weeks ago and supposedly all of the items shipped on the same day a couple days after placing the order. I received one item (the Jack Johnson box) a week ago, but still haven't received any of the other items. Has anyone else experienced a big delay between receiving seperate items that were supposedly shipped together?

i am experiencing this problem right now.

i ordered 9 cd's on april 3rd, and my queue date is the 6th.

2 individual cd's shipped on the 7th, and i received them.

the other 8 shipped on the 4th, and i have yet to receive them.

i emailed yourmusic, and i was told to wait four weeks before they will find out what happened.

I believe yourmusic.com has serious issues of late concerning the veracity of their shipping information -- or, perhaps, it is the case that these issues have always existed and I've not been so unfortunate to encounter them until recently.

Five weeks ago, I ordered about seven or eight CDs (some double CD sets), which was reported shipped, true to fashion, a few days after the order was placed. Two weeks later, after two additional shipments ordered later by several days were delivered, but not the original shipment, I received an e-mail stating that one of the items in the original order was backordered. At exactly four weeks, the entire order was cancelled and a credit issued to my bankcard.

Another order of similar quantity, placed about a week after the order to which I originally referred, has yet to arrive. I believe the issue is not that the USPS is unreliable (although it may be that as well, and more), but that yourmusic.com has had difficulty obtaining and shipping the titles, all the while reporting a status of "shipped" nearly immediately.

It sort of sucks they're not being honest -- and as a result, aren't reliable -- but it's still a pretty good deal. I hope they work out their difficulties and are able to sustain their program.

I've never had any problem, ordering titles other than my monthly selection regularly since the site started, last fall. Everything I've ordered showed up less than a week after ordering. Guess I'm just lucky?

Ditto that. I get my queue selection 3 or 4 days after the queue date.

To be honest, I think it may be unfair to blame yourmusic when the problem likely lies in the use of media rate mail. (Which is after all free to the buyer, and cheap for half.com).

In my own personal experience outside of yourmusic.com with media mail it generally takes four to six working days as a norm, and can take as long as ten to twelve sometimes. And about 2% of the time I notice that they don't arrive. At all.

For my personal use mailing material to anyone I don't use it.

To be honest, I think it may be unfair to blame yourmusic when the problem likely lies in the use of media rate mail. (Which is after all free to the buyer, and cheap for half.com).

In my own personal experience outside of yourmusic.com with media mail it generally takes four to six working days as a norm, and can take as long as ten to twelve sometimes. And about 2% of the time I notice that they don't arrive. At all.

Media mail from yourmusic to Hawaii took 1 month.

To Florida from yourmusic, it takes a few days.

To California about 7 - 14 days.

'tis irritating to see whining about service on $5/6 cds.

Been a BMG member for about 15 years (2 memberships) and a Yourmusic member since the $4.99 special offer. Forget the b/o, shipped crap and enjoy the really cheap cds you get. :wacko:

Amen to that! I'm still expecting to get a bill in the mail saying "sucker, you really think you're getting CDs for $4.99?? You owe us another $10 for each CD you boguht!!" :rfr

Even $5.99 is cheaper than most used joints.

Eggs-zackly!

I've been $5.99 the whole time and happy as a clam, cockle, and other happy mollusks.

Regarding the joys of media mail, I just had a disc (Djangos) that took 7 weeks to travel from Iowa to Oregon. A new record for one that actually arrived.

a few years ago, when I used to do half decent biz on ebay, I used media mail for awhile, but it caused customers and myself worry thinking items they ordered were lost in the mail, 2 to 3 weeks to the west coast sometimes. So went to first class. Videos were more expensive, but 99% of the time, a single cd costs the same whether it is shipped first class, or Media! :o

Yes. . . it has bits from a Ford Jazz Hour (I think that is what it is called) tv show that has awesome playing from Charlie Shavers, Pee Wee Russell, Lester Young and more, and it also has a tv segment called "After Hours" that has some hokey narration and plot about an after hours jam session, but has great music from Hawk, Eldridge, Cozy Cole and others . . . . Nice dvd. About 35 to 40 minutes long.

Sad to see the end of the $4.99 deal. I'm planning to order all the box sets they have that are on my wishlist before before they jack up the prices to (gasp) $5.99.

I ordered the Complete In A Silent Way yesterday.

I was gonna get the IASW set, too. Is it in to old box, or the new book format?