Yourmusic.com corner

Big Al

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lon (and Chuck),

I played mine from yourmusic.com again, and again no problems.

BTW, I think I've mentioned this before, but if you're concerned that yourmusic may have gotten a bad batch of these, you can also return the defective CD directly to Sony at their expense, and they'll replace it with one without the BMG Direct labeling (they don't care where the CD was purchased). Call their Quality Management Department at 1-800-255-7514 (this number is printed in the insert of every Sony CD) and be prepared to tell them the specifics of the problem (including track number and time, if possible), and they'll send you a prepaid return label. It generally takes a couple of weeks from the time you return the CD, but you will receive a brand-new CD.

Yeah I know. . . but I now want more than ever for yourmusic to make it good --- they will I'm sure in time. And their turnaround in shipping replacements is possibly quicker.

I may go that Sony route and see if they'll just send me the one defective disc from the Cellar Door set rather than my having to send back the whole set.

Yeah I know. . . but I now want more than ever for yourmusic to make it good --- they will I'm sure in time. And their turnaround in shipping replacements is possibly quicker.

True.

I may go that Sony route and see if they'll just send me the one defective disc from the Cellar Door set rather than my having to send back the whole set.
Unlike a retailer, they should be able to do that (like Mosaic does). When I bought the Charlie Christian box set and it arrived with foam rubber residue all over the CDs (I still find it hard to believe that such a ridiculous packaging design made it into production), I called the Sony number, and they replaced just the actual discs with brand-new ones (they shipped them in jewel cases) without making me send back the entire box.

I just received the LPR reissues of Yusef Lateef, Gato Barbieri, and Michael White, and I thought it strange that only the Lateef had the OBI and no BMG markings, whereas the Gato and White had no OBIs and BMG in the barcodes. The Albert Ayler that arrived earlier had the OBI and no BMG indications either.

Gato's disc had no liner notes either. Is this the case with any of you's?

Looks like a slow week at yourmusic.com:

v/a - Impulsive! Revolutionary Jazz Reworked (remixes from the Impulse vaults)

Bob James - Three, and Touchdown

Peter Malick Group feat. Norah Jones - NY City, the Chillout Album (how many times has this material been released now??)

Joe Cocker - Mad Dogs and Englishmen (Deluxe Edition)

George Harrison - Concert for Bangladesh

couple of June Carter Cash & Rosanne Cash discs

Great mail day! More for the first couple of shelves (ABCDEFG, etc.)...

Don Cherry | WHERE IS BROOKLYN?

John Coltrane | ONE UP, ONE DOWN

Miles Davis | THE COMPLETE JACK JOHNSON SESSIONS

Terry Gibbs | FEELIN' GOOD

Elmo Hope | TRIO AND QUINTET

and for good measure, i.e. something to tell my wife I bought her

Common | Be

Edited by .:.impossible

Well, despite my account status as still "backordered", my copy of the Ike Quebec Conn arrived today!!! :party::w:ph34r:

I just got an email notification that this item shipped on 2 February. Now I'm curious to see if this "new" copy shows up. :alien:

My order from Zweitausendeins went smoother--and quicker--than this, and I don't even speak the language! :P

Dizzy Gillespie - Odyssey 1945-1952 (3 cd set)

Eliane Elias - Timeless

Miles Davis - Timeless (w/Charlie Parker)

John Coltrane/Wilbur Harden - Timeless

v/a - "The Most Relaxing Jazz Music in the Universe"

v/a - "More of the Most Romantic Jazz Music in the Universe"

v/a - "Jazz for a Night on the Town"

v/a - "Jazz for when You are not Alone"

v/a - "Groovin High - the Ultimate Trumpet Collection"

v/a - "First Steps - First Recordings from the Creators of Modern Jazz"

v/a - "Birth of Bebop"

Kate Bush - Aerial

Lou Rawls - Lou Rawls Sings Sinatra

Neil Diamond - 12 Songs

Edited by Aggie87

More Savoy stuff suddenly showing up--wonder what's up with that? :huh:

I may be wrong, but I don't think any Fantasy items have been added since Concord acquired the company.

On the other hand, we have seen items from Savoy, Mack Avenue and ECM.

Personally, I'd prefer the Fantasy.

I saw so little from Verve in the past year, it makes me wonder if they are still in the business!

Less than a week ago, I ordered a couple of items via my yourmusic cart, and was charged no sales tax. That's been the case as long as I've been using the service. Today when i ordered an item via my cart, I was charged sales tax - the exhorbitant 9.25%, mind you, that combines my Tennessee state and county sales taxes.

Anybody have insight into this recent change?