Yourmusic.com corner

Big Al

I don't think so ... just a few examples: BMG is offering Sonny Stitt "Personal Appearance," Larry Young "Unity" and Johnny Griffin "JG" ... I don't see any of these at yourmusic.

Those titles are no longer on the BMG site.

The only difference I've seen is "newly added" titles show up on the BMG page a day or two earlier.

I've found one exception: The Charlie Parker Verve Master Takes box is on BMG but not on YM.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well my shipment of 7 January arrived today, so they are consistently coming in, fairly quickly too. I'm more impressed by the speed of service with YourMusic that with BMG. Perhaps they have a smaller customer base (for the time being), so it's easier to ship orders more quickly.

However, one of my discs wasn't in the shipment, even though it was listed on the invoice as being enclosed. Time to shoot off an email and see how quickly they respond. It looks like their order accuracy may be on par with BMG.... :mellow:

I ordered 15 cds last week. All but four are on backorder

This was my problem when I placed a fairly large order in December. Everything was 'backordered'. OUt of frustration I canceled the entire order a day or two later. Then a few days later the CDs showed up in my mailbox and my credit card had been charged! So, they definitely need to work out the bugs regarding the 'backorder' status.

When did you sign up originally, Greg? Was it before or after the $4.99 offer started disappearing?

I'm probably going to just sign up now (at 5.99), and then try begging for the $4.99 deal. At this point, it might be too late.

I signed up in mid-November, which I think was just shortly after the club started. I emailed them yesterday explaining that I couldn't find anywhere on the site where I could switch over (!!) and could you please do it for me somehow? It worked. I got an email reply today, saying they were sorry for any inconvenience and that my account is now the $4.99 deal. I also told them that I planned to go nuts and order a lot of CDs at either 4.99 or 5.99!

Got my "Seven Steps Box" and "Translinear Light" CD last night. No problem at all, and a 5 day turnaround to boot. Put in another order last night including titles from Muddy Waters, Son House, Rory Gallagher, and Gram Parsons.

They've been telling me that "Translinear Light" has been backordered since I placed my order over a week ago!

Got my "Seven Steps Box" and "Translinear Light" CD last night.  No problem at all, and a 5 day turnaround to boot.  Put in another order last night including titles from Muddy Waters, Son House, Rory Gallagher, and Gram Parsons.

They've been telling me that "Translinear Light" has been backordered since I placed my order over a week ago!

Odd, they said mine shipped a couple of days ago.

I'd like to see your ESSENTIAL 10 yourmusic.com selections list from all of the members here. I made my first order last week and would be curious to see what you guys consider ESSENTIAL from the yourmusic.com selection. Box Sets can be included as well. Don't limit yourself to jazz, or if you really want to do it right, do a TOP 10 JAZZ SELECTIONS list, and so on by genre.

Let the listings begin!

for $19.96 delivered to the door i'd say the jimmy smith retro might be one. now i know this comp thing ain't for all, but four discs with liners chock full of photos and side four coming at ya in a glorious remastering of just some of the essentialist chicken shack / midnight special grease can't be a bad deal. :tup

add to that any of the ojc's in k-2.

Got my "Seven Steps Box" and "Translinear Light" CD last night.  No problem at all, and a 5 day turnaround to boot.  Put in another order last night including titles from Muddy Waters, Son House, Rory Gallagher, and Gram Parsons.

My Translinear Light plus a dozen more selections have been on Backorder for almost 2 weeks now. :(

Edit: I went to check the Yourmusic site and Translinear now shows as shipped, along with Tyner's Illuminations. Hooray! Some movement at last! Still a bunch on Backorder but hope has been renewed ^_^

Edited by Leeway

I received my first CD today - Chet Baker Ensemble, half of which was released on the Grey December CD. It reminds me of the Clifford Brown PJ album, which Jack Montrose was also on (he's on this one too).

I signed up on the 7th, the CD was shipped on the 10th, and it arrives on the 15th. That's pretty good, I think.

As I understand it, I can now expect to receive a CD each month on the 15th.

Odd, they said mine shipped a couple of days ago.

They must be using some lottery system rather than a FIFO distribution process. Very strange.

FWIW, my Translinear Light finally shipped yesterday, but I still have multiple discs on backorder. For $5.99, there's not a lot of room for complaint.

I'd like to see your ESSENTIAL 10 yourmusic.com selections list from all of the members here. I made my first order last week and would be curious to see what you guys consider ESSENTIAL from the yourmusic.com selection. Box Sets can be included as well. Don't limit yourself to jazz, or if you really want to do it right, do a TOP 10 JAZZ SELECTIONS list, and so on by genre.

Let the listings begin!

Well, this is my next order, so I guess these are the most essential discs from my point of view:

Miles Davis

The Complete Jack Johnson Sessions

The Band

The Last Waltz (Boxed Set)

Miles Davis

Seven Steps: The Complete Columbia Recordings 1963-1964

Miles Davis

Miles Davis - In Person Friday And Saturday Nights At The Blackhawk, Complete

Horace Silver

The United States Of Mind

The Clash

Sandinista! (Remastered)

The Velvet Underground

Live At Max's Kansas City (Deluxe Edition)

Donald Byrd

At The Half Note Café

Ornette Coleman

The Complete Science Fiction Sessions (Remastered)

Marvin Gaye

What's Going On (Remastered/Deluxe Edition)

Marvin Gaye

Let's Get It On (Deluxe Edition) (Remastered)

Marvin Gaye

I Want You (Deluxe Edition) (Remastered)

Wilco

Being There

Larry Young

Of Love And Peace

Jeff Beck

Beckology

Well my Seven Steps order came today - 5 days after I ordered it. Pretty good turn around time. One small problem though. Instead of the Seven Steps box they sent the Jack Johnson box. :huh: I already have the JJ box or else I would keep it and ask for a refund.

Now let's see how long it takes them to remedy the situation.....

Edited by Chalupa