Yourmusic.com corner

Big Al

New today:

Miles Davis, "Round About Midnight"--Legacy Edition with extra live disc

I think they may have had this edition before, but it disappeared for a while and now they're treating it as a "new arrival."

About time! I think I ordered that one twice from them, unsuccessfully.

Hopefully it's true that 3rd time's the charm. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Third time for the Davis Legacy set was a charm! (i'm wondering if the Dino Saluzzi ECM disc and the Belew Side Two will ever show up though...they've been backordered/cancelled a couple times for me). Very nice package - the concert recording on disc 2 sounds great. Need to listen to the performance a bit more closely now...

New on yourmusic:

Albert Ayler - New Grass

Yusef Lateef - Psychicemotus

Gabor Szabo - Spellbinder

Freda Payne - After the Lights Go Down Low

Mizell Bros - Mizell :alien:

Edited by Aggie87

Here's a hot, swingin' 2-CD set now listed under Jazz New Arrivals, guaranteed to change your whole conception of jazz and a particular instrument's use in it. Those dudes at yourmusic.com certainly believe in some creative programming. :rolleyes:

:P

also noticed the following:

Ron Blake (former organissimo sideman, and current SNL bandmember) - Sonic Tonic

Ilona Knopfler - Live the Life

Gerald Wilson Orchestra - In My Time

Stefano di Battista - Parker's Mood

George Shearing - Like Fine Wine

Jerry Garcia - Legion of Mary

James Brown - Gettin' Down to It

Sigur Ros - Takk (i like this one alot!)

Gerald Wilson Orchestra - In My Time

WOO HOO! A new #1 in the queue! My next one ships on 25th. Well, maybe not this month. If I find it drags initially I'll follow Mr. Russell's ideas for resequencing.

Sigur Ros - Takk (i like this one alot!)

Might be a new #2.

Thanks all for these updates.

Another one worth checking out is Gabor Zsabo’s Spellbinder Verve LPR. Lives up to its title, that’s for sure, because there’s no piano or rhythm guitar for Zsabo to fall back on; just the bass of Ron Carter and the drums of Chico Hamilton. In a lot of ways, it’s the album Wes Montgomery’s Tequila could’ve been were it not for Claus Ogerman’s strings.

This album has the original “Gypsy Queen,” which in its original incantation..... er, incarnation is more of a modal masterpiece of jamming than Santana’s scorching version. There’s even a nice vocal on the forgotten pop song “Bang Bang (She Shot Me Down).” And an exquisitely haunting reading of “My Foolish Heart.”

Well worth the bucks!

Another one worth checking out is Gabor Zsabo’s Spellbinder... In a lot of ways, it’s the album Wes Montgomery’s Tequila could’ve been were it not for Claus Ogerman’s strings.

I justed noticed this was available the other day. It's now #1 in my queue. Looking forward to hearing this. Interesting comparison to Wes.

Back today (presumably without copy protection):

Horace Silver, "Silver's Blues"

Gerry Mulligan, "Jeru"

Bob Brookmeyer, "Bob Brookmeyer & Friends"

Though not in the "new arrivals" section, Blakey's "Drum Suite" is back as well.

I hate it when they do that.

Instead of feeding all the negativity on this board, couldn't you just thank me for showing you the way to "pounding a' plenty"? :P

Back today (presumably without copy protection):

Horace Silver, "Silver's Blues"

Gerry Mulligan, "Jeru"

Bob Brookmeyer, "Bob Brookmeyer & Friends"

Though not in the "new arrivals" section, Blakey's "Drum Suite" is back as well.

I hate it when they do that.

Instead of feeding all the negativity on this board, couldn't you just thank me for showing you the way to "pounding a' plenty"? :P

You're absolutely right Chuck--thanks! :tup:rolleyes:

some new ones just showed up including the coltrane/monk, and veve lpr's by gato barbieri, oliver nelson, and pharoah sanders.

the dexter gordon columbia never did show back up.

The Coltrane/Monk finally showed up???? CRAP!! I just got this yesterday for Christmas. :wacko:

Oh well...

some new ones just showed up including the coltrane/monk, and veve lpr's by gato barbieri, oliver nelson, and pharoah sanders.

the dexter gordon columbia never did show back up.

The Coltrane/Monk finally showed up???? CRAP!! I just got this yesterday for Christmas. :wacko:

Oh well...

I know--I got tired of waiting for this to show up and ordered it somewhere else a month or so ago--for more than twice as much. :angry:

i just received a shipment from yourmusic.com including a batch of verve lpr's.

i've had great luck with these titles from yourmusic.com - they've all been regular store copies including obi's.

of the new batch that i've just received only 1 (gabor szabo) appears to be a "store copy."

all of the rest (pharoah sanders, oliver nelson, gato barbieri, and michael white) are not store copies, but have the bmg logo in place of the barcode, and they do not inlcude the obi strip.

i was just wondering if this was true for anyone else that might have received these titles.

New today are the October '05 Conns (except for Don Cherry :rolleyes: ):

Booker Ervin, "Tex Book Tenor"

Andrew Hill, "Andrew!"

Elmo Hope, "Trio and Quintet" (paid almost twice as much for this 2 weeks ago :angry: )

Jackie McLean, "Consequence"

Ike Quebec, "The Complete 45 Sessions" (Yeah, Baby! :excited: Glad I waited on this one.)

Also new today are some titles from Blue Note's "The Artitst Selects" series:

Lou Donaldson

Freddie Hubbard

Gerald Wilson

And there's some other new stuff that didn't interest me. (Gotta leave something for Erik to post. :P)

Edited by Ron S