Yourmusic.com corner

Big Al

Less than a week ago, I ordered a couple of items via my yourmusic cart, and was charged no sales tax. That's been the case as long as I've been using the service. Today when i ordered an item via my cart, I was charged sales tax - the exhorbitant 9.25%, mind you, that combines my Tennessee state and county sales taxes.

Anybody have insight into this recent change?

BMG and/or Sony must have opened some operation in your neighborhood.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no jazz this week, apparently.... :(

Eurythmics - Ultimate Collection

Bruce Springsteen - Born to Run cd/dvd set

Bob Dylan - Best of Bob Dylan

Blind Boys of Alabama - If I had a Hammer

Bette Midler - Sings the Peggy Lee Songbook

Sinead O'Connor -Collaborations

James Blunt - Back to Bedlam

Jacques Loussier Trio - Mozart: Piano Concertos 20 & 23

Today when i ordered an item via my cart, I was charged sales tax - the exhorbitant 9.25%, mind you, that combines my Tennessee state and county sales taxes.

Tennessee has a 9.25% sales tax?????

Wow, does any other city have a higher sales tax? :excited:

Edited by Tjazz

Sorry, Greg Osby: Inner Circle is no longer available.

John Coltrane: Soultrane (Remastered) is currently available but will not be available for the 07/14 shipping date you have selected. If you would like this item while it is in stock, please move it to the top of your Music Queue or add it to your Shopping Cart now.

Thelonious Monk and John Coltrane: Thelonious Monk and John Coltrane (SACD Hybrid) is currently available but will not be available for the 08/14 shipping date you have selected. If you would like this item while it is in stock, please move it to the top of your Music Queue or add it to your Shopping Cart now.

Eric Alexander: Nightlife In Tokyo is currently available but will not be available for the 09/14 shipping date you have selected. If you would like this item while it is in stock, please move it to the top of your Music Queue or add it to your Shopping Cart now.

Wes Montgomery: Full House (Remastered) is currently available but will not be available for the 10/14 shipping date you have selected. If you would like this item while it is in stock, please move it to the top of your Music Queue or add it to your Shopping Cart now.

Sonny Rollins: Saxophone Colossus (Remastered) is currently available but will not be available for the 11/14 shipping date you have selected. If you would like this item while it is in stock, please move it to the top of your Music Queue or add it to your Shopping Cart now.

Availability of Incredible Jazz Guitar (SACD Hybrid) is limited, and it may no longer be available on its shipping date of 12/14. If you would like to purchase this item while it is in stock, please add it to your Shopping Cart and buy it now.

Jack McDuff: The Prestige Years is currently available but will not be available for the 03/14 shipping date you have selected. If you would like this item while it is in stock, please move it to the top of your Music Queue or add it to your Shopping Cart now.

Bill Evans: Everybody Digs Bill Evans (Remastered) is currently available but will not be available for the 07/14 shipping date you have selected. If you would like this item while it is in stock, please move it to the top of your Music Queue or add it to your Shopping Cart now.

Actually not as many SACDs as I thought. Seems like there was an email about Miles' RELAXIN SACD but it didn't show up on my queue as these did.

Uh oh. Those are all Concord/Fantasy titles.

I had mentioned earlier that I have not noticed any new Concord/Fantasy titles being added since Concord bought Fantasy. One thing that Concord did was retain a different distributor. It looks to me like this new distributor is going to discontinue Concord/Fantasy's relationship with BMG/Your Music.

Hope I'm wrong!

Today when i ordered an item via my cart, I was charged sales tax - the exhorbitant 9.25%, mind you, that combines my Tennessee state and county sales taxes.

Tennessee has a 9.25% sales tax?????

Wow, does any other city have a higher sales tax? :excited:

Tennessee is a city!?! :P

My question asked about sales tax for a city, because some cities have a higher combined county & sate sales tax than the state. Asking for the highest state sales tax would not give me the same answer as asking for the highest sales tax in a city (because the county and state sales taxes are combined). I can usually relate more to a city, than a county location, so the county wasn't asked either.

Edited by Tjazz

Has anyone tried contacting yourmusic's customer service? I have what I think is a bad copy of Ready for Freddie--there's a terrible skip right in the middle of "Crisis", and there's no sign of a visible scratch. The problem was present from the first playback, when I ripped it to my mp3 player.

Has anyone tried contacting yourmusic's customer service? I have what I think is a bad copy of Ready for Freddie--there's a terrible skip right in the middle of "Crisis", and there's no sign of a visible scratch. The problem was present from the first playback, when I ripped it to my mp3 player.

David's method doesn't seem to work for me (I don't get the choices he described when I click on the particular item in my order history). However, what I've always done is use this form to tell them about the problem. You may have to log in first to have the drop-down list under "Order Number" show your particular list of orders. You'll need to select the applicable order number (you can look under "Your Account" at the top of the page, and then under "Order History" on your account page to find the right order number). Describe the problem under "Questions/Comments" and then hit "Submit". Within a day or 2, you should receive an email responding to the problem. In the past, they would go ahead and immediately place an order for a replacement CD, and then follow up weeks later by sending you a COD return label for the defective disc, but I'm not sure if they're still sending the replacements before receiving the defective item.

Nothing major, but looks like they slipped a couple in on us today:

v/a - Higher Ground: Hurricane Relief Benefit Concert (Blue Note)

Tori Amos - The Beekeeper

Neville Brothers - Gold

John Mayer Trio - Try!

Billy Joel - My Lives (4cd box)

Joss Stone - Mind Body & Soul (cd/dvd set)

I am still patiently waiting for the Cellar Door box...

:rhappy:

It's only been out for 2 months!!

I received a pop up message while browsing Miles titles at yourmusic.com yesterday that indicated a new release from Miles will be added soon. I will be receiving an email update when the mystery title is available. Anybody else get this message?

Okay, I finally buckled and ordered the Metheny Song X reissue. So that probably means anyone else who's been waiting for yourmusic to stock it should be able to order this title next Monday. :alien::w

I guess it was my turn to take one for the team, anyway.

Okay, I finally buckled and ordered the Metheny Song X reissue. So that probably means anyone else who's been waiting for yourmusic to stock it should be able to order this title next Monday. :alien::w

I guess it was my turn to take one for the team, anyway.

I don't expect that one to show. Are there any other Nonesuch releases in stock?