Yourmusic.com corner

Big Al

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I received a pop up message while browsing Miles titles at yourmusic.com yesterday that indicated a new release from Miles will be added soon. I will be receiving an email update when the mystery title is available. Anybody else get this message?

I just tried the search for Miles Davis and noticed the NEW email feature.

The BMG site has this feature too.

What else should we look for???

Any Blue Note RVGs?

Edited by Tjazz

Just received from yourmusic:

Moussorgsky - Pictures at an Exhibition • Byron Janis (piano), coupled with Ravel's orchestral arrangement by Minneapolis Symphony Orchestra/Antal Dorati (Mercury SACD)

Strangely, the disc itself is labeled as containing cello concertos by Schuman, Lalo, and Saint-Saens...though the music is definitely the Moussorgsky.

:blink:

Edited by gdogus

Just received from yourmusic:

Moussorgsky - Pictures at an Exhibition • Byron Janis (piano), coupled with Ravel's orchestral arrangement by Minneapolis Symphony Orchestra/Antal Dorati (Mercury SACD)

Strangely, the disc itself is labeled as containing cello concertos by Schuman, Lalo, and Saint-Saens...though the music is definitely the Moussorgsky.

:blink:

Yeah, there was a post about this at the Hoffman forums:

MLP SACD printing problem

I just got all five of the Mercury SACDs currently available at BMG/Yourmusic last week, and my copy of this disc was also mislabeled. I wonder how many were pressed with the wrong titles?

New today:

Billie Holiday, "The Complete Verve Studio Master Takes" (6 discs)

I noticed there 100 tracks spread over 6 discs. (they probably could have put this set on 5 discs)

Those timings are pretty long on many of the numbers; not sure this would fit on five discs.

I have received this from yourmusic and the sound is EXCELLENT. An especially good deal from yourmusic.com if you don't have the complete box set and don't need the alternates (and the rehearsal session). . . . The live concert on the complete box set is worth having though! (But is not unique to the box).

Edited by jazzbo

Seven of the 29 items listed as new jazz releases are classical. And they aren't even the cool ones. Like the Henck readings of Cage's early works or Dennis Russell Davies conducting Stravinsky's Orchestral Works [both on ECM].

WTF. :rmad:

You find NOT A SINGLE jazz disc in the classical new release section.

I stopped looking in their various categories for new releases. Just do the overall "New Arrivals" section, & sort by "most recent" (instead of top selling, which makes no sense to me). It's easier to find the jazz stuff that way, I think.

Which is why we've all come to depend on you, Erik, to keep us apprised of what's new. :tup:D

Which is why we've all come to depend on you, Erik, to keep us apprised of what's new. :tup:D

Because you're being so polite :rolleyes::P , I'll let you in on this one:

Andrew Hill - Black Fire (not sure why this is listed as a new arrival)

Miles Davis - Workin'

Mark Knopfler - Sailing into Philadelphia

Ibrahim Ferrer - Buenos Hermanos

and there's the 3 disc Phish New Year's Eve '95 set that's been up for a few days, but hasn't been mentioned yet

Oh and also, BMGmusic.com is offering free shipping on orders of 5 discs or more.

I just ordered the Billie Holiday Verve Master Takes box from them, for $27.99, which works out to $4.66 per disc, delivered (beating yourmusic.com's price handily!). And I also ordered Glenn Gould's 3 disc Complete Goldberg Variations for $9.99 as well.

I'm pissed at these guys at the moment. I'm on my second order of the Miles Seven Steps box...checking the status page I see it's backordered *again*. If they can't get additional copies, they need to remove the fucking thing from their website.

ALERT ALERT!!

Miles Davis Cellar Door Sessions is now listed at BMGmusic.com!! ($43.99)... Hopefully this means it will show up at yourmusic.com shortly!

also at BMG:

Marc Johnson - Shades of Jade

I will be checking the yourmusic.com site on the hour. :party::rhappy:

ALERT ALERT!!

Miles Davis Cellar Door Sessions is now listed at BMGmusic.com!! ($43.99)... Hopefully this means it will show up at yourmusic.com shortly!

also at BMG:

Marc Johnson - Shades of Jade

If you can't wait for yourmusic.com

BMG has a code for free shipping for 5 cds or more. (which the Miles box set has 6 CDs)

You can get the :

Billie Holiday

The Complete Verve Studio Master Takes (6 -CD) metal box $27.99

Chicago - Chicago At Carnegie Hall (Expanded & Remastered) (4-CD) $17.99

"C6STC4"

Edited by Tjazz

If you can't wait for yourmusic.com

BMG has a code for free shipping for 5 cds or more. (which the Miles box set has 6 CDs)

"C6STC4"

I placed a fairly huge order through BMG last night with that code, and it came to something like $4.34 per CD. Not too shabby.

I just found out that yourmusic.com also has an affiliate program.

You could become a millionaire with this group using your link to yourmusic!!!

By the way Jim, if I post a link to CDU or yourmusic in a thread, and someone clicks on it, will you automatically get credit for the link; or is there something special about the links you have posted in the threads?

A millionaire? I doubt it. But hopefully we can earn enough so I don't have to go begging again for donations.

To get credit for a link directly in a thread to CDUniverse, you have to add the following to the end of the address:

&frm=lk_organissimo

For instance, if the link you wanted to add looked like this...

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=6866804
... you would add the above tag to the end to make this:
http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=6866804&frm=lk_organissimo

That way, organissimo would get credit for the link, if the person chose to buy the CD. I have applied for affiliation with yourmusic.com this morning, but so far have not gotten confirmation. When I do, I'm sure there'll be a different tag to add to addresses.