Yourmusic.com corner

Big Al

Well my Seven Steps order came today - 5 days after I ordered it. Pretty good turn around time. One small problem though. Instead of the Seven Steps box they sent the Jack Johnson box. :huh: I already have the JJ box or else I would keep it and ask for a refund.

Now let's see how long it takes them to remedy the situation.....

you know they'll probably just tell you to keep it and send you a replacement. I've actually considered ordering the JJ and 7-steps box to keep as backups to the ones I bought in the stores when they came out, or at least as something of an investment, since the metal spine editions are limited editions

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well my Seven Steps order came today - 5 days after I ordered it. Pretty good turn around time. One small problem though. Instead of the Seven Steps box they sent the Jack Johnson box. :huh: I already have the JJ box or else I would keep it and ask for a refund.

Good luck, I haven't quite figured out their return system. They tell you to send it back in the box it came in, but they also tell you to send it to a different address. Not quite clear who pays, where it should go, etc. Customer service is spotty, but they advised me that it can take 4 weeks for returned items to be credited.

I ordered a Joe Cocker box set and it came within 5 days of placing the order. Guess nobody else wanted it ^_^ . It seems that if it is not a high demand item, it will ship ASAP. O/W, you have to wait...and wait... OTOH, as has been noted, great price.

It might be easier to unload it on ebay. Can't imagine you'd get much less than $30 for it.

Well my Seven Steps order came today  - 5 days after I ordered it. Pretty good turn  around time. One small problem though. Instead of the Seven Steps box they sent the Jack Johnson box. :huh:  I already have the JJ box or else I would keep it and ask for a refund.

you know they'll probably just tell you to keep it and send you a replacement. I've actually considered ordering the JJ and 7-steps box to keep as backups to the ones I bought in the stores when they came out, or at least as something of an investment, since the metal spine editions are limited editions

Is yourmusic.com selling the metal spine editions?

I've tried to e-mail yourmusic.com via their customer contact page and when i hit the "submit" button i get a page saying "PAGE NOT FOUND.........you've reached a missing, out-of-date, or bad link". This page has the yourmusic.com heading on it. My questions from 4 days ago haven't been answered as if they aren't being sent through. Anyone else have this problem? Is there another way to contact them?

I just got this email.....

Thank you for contacting us about your yourmusic.com order number

xxxxxxxxxx.

We are sending a postage-paid label via postal mail to assist you with

the return of the original item. Please repackage the selection and send

it back to us when you receive the label.

To ensure the prompt processing of your return, please be sure to

include a note providing a brief description of the problem along with

your complete name and address and your original order number (as listed

above).

We have already processed the replacement for you, and your new order

number is xxxxxxxxx. Please allow 4 WEEKS for delivery.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,

Becky Y.

Customer Service

yourmusic.com

------------------

Again, it seems that they are on top of the situation. I think I'm going to like these guys :)

I just had one rotten experience with yourmusic.com. I had way more trouble then necessary in setting my account up because a page saying "please enable your cookies" kept coming up. My "cookies" are, have been, and will be "enabled". Finally my account set up....credit card number in.......i order by hitting the "CART" button. Voila......0 in my cart......I try again and the "please enable your cookies" page AGAIN comes up.....this page btw has the yourmiusic.com heading on it.

I respond via their customer service contact page. I hit "submit" and a "you've reached this page in error" page WITH the yourmusic.com heading on it keeps coming up EVERYTIME i try to submit my question/complaint/problem. Now they have my credit card to automatically charge me every month and i cannot order a damn thing because..............they want me to "enable my cookies"!!!???? which have been, will be, and are enabled.

I try to cancel my account via THEIR customer service e-mail form and, guess what.......when i hit "submit" the page saying "you've reached this page in error" (with the yourmusic.com heading) AGAIN comes up. They really must enjoy holding on tight to my balls!!! Be wary of who you give your credit card numbers to on the web. I've learned my lesson. And my cc company says i have to send in a written dispute each month to fight the charge. Just ain't worth it!

I find it funny that you're having problems with your browser application and it's somehow become yourmusic.com's fault.

Many, many people have no problems at all with their website and the website's cookies. Most likely, you have either installed an internet security program that changed your browser's security settings or you have accidentally changed them yourself. Blaming yourmusic.com is wrong.

BTW, a lot of people have successfully e-mailed them and many others have successfully "quit" their service using the links on the website.

Try playing around with your browser settings or, better yet, if you haven't do so, download Mozilla Firefox and try that browser. You should be able to get out easy enough.

Later,

Kevin

I can appreciate that other people have successfully used it. But what i find funny is that I seem to have problems with my browser application ONLY at this one website, never at any others. In theory their site couldn't be simpler to use, but I'm blocked at every turn EXCEPT when my credit card information was processed. They got that communique....and they responded with a confirmation. My security settings were the same when I tried to order and send questions as when my credit card information and e-mail address were entered. They got my cc and personal info (no problems with my browser app then evidently)........now they just don't take my orders or see my followup comments.

I know you're trying to help and i appreciate it........if it is entirely my fault, which i'm not convinced yet it is (otherwise i couldn't buy from other sites either), then i'll apologize for my rant.

Ted, there was a key-logger type of trojan virus a while ago that did something like this i.e. allow credit cards to be entered but nothing else. Have you run a virus scan and a spyware scan on your machine lately? I hope you don't have a key-logger app running on your PC... that would be a nightmare.

Once again, I have to recommend Firefox. It's a better browser than Internet Explorer and it may solve all these problems.

Kevin

I hate to take up more space with my issue......but since I made accusations I need to undue them. Yourmusic's customer service did respond with similar suggestions to Kevin's and couw's. Their responses were very professional. It didn't work on my computer BUT I ordered successfully through a friend's computer.

Therefore the problem has to existsomewhere within my computer. I apologized to them for adding to their workload and I apologize for my "blow off steam late at night" posting here.

Just got an email from a friend who joined yourmusic.com the same day I did. He also ordered the Seven Steps box and he too received the Jack Johnson box instead. 

Somebody in the stockroom better put down the bong....

I'm trying to solve the problem in advance by ordering both at the same time ^_^

Let's see what happens. :unsure:

Eit: I should add that everything is on backorder anyway.

Edited by Leeway

Quote from TedR:

I can appreciate that other people have successfully used it. But what i find funny is that I seem to have problems with my browser application ONLY at this one website, never at any others. In theory their site couldn't be simpler to use, but I'm blocked at every turn EXCEPT when my credit card information was processed. They got that communique....and they responded with a confirmation. My security settings were the same when I tried to order and send questions as when my credit card information and e-mail address were entered. They got my cc and personal info (no problems with my browser app then evidently)........now they just don't take my orders or see my followup comments.

TedR-

Same this happened to me- look back around page 1 or 2 of the thread (I believe). I ordered off another computer and no problem....BUT it doesn't like mine!! I tried everything I can think of....clear cache, turn off firewall, set special acceptance for cookies from this site- to no avail.

I did get the Seven Steps and I'm pleased with it!

My entire second order which included titles by Muddy Waters, Son House, Gram Parsons, and Rory Gallagher is on back order.  So far 1 for 2.  I may just put in another jazz related order and see what happens.  Weird.  Can't complain about the price though.

Just got the word that these all shipped. I guess patience is a virtue when dealing with Your Music. Actually, that wasn't all that bad....

Late last week I ordered both the Jimmy Smith Blue Note retrospective box and the Miles Davis Seven Steps box. Given the holiday on Monday, and the inauguration on Thursday, which interrupted the mail flow because I live near the capitol building, I received both sets yesterday. No BMG markings in the bar code or anything -- great!

I received an email last week saying my order of Newk's Time and The Sonny Rollins Complete Prestige Box shipped. A package arrived three days later. Just the box set.

Question mark there. Unfortunately, I haven't heard anything with regard to the other seven discs I ordered... I guess I'll just wait and see.

At least I got the box set, which is fantastic by the way. I didn't have most of this music! Sonny Rollins has been hard to come by in every jazz section I've frequented over the years. I don't understand why...