Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
spinlps

VSOP Mercury Box Set

32 posts in this topic

I've got a copy of this set that I was planning on Ebay'ing. If anyone's interested, drop me a line.

Up again with this thread. I remembered the thread when I saw the set last week at the Jazz Record Center in NYC. Have acquired the set (which also has the EP) and look forward to spinning it over the next few days. Looks to be in mint.

Up again with this thread. I remembered the thread when I saw the set last week at the Jazz Record Center in NYC. Have acquired the set (which also has the EP) and look forward to spinning it over the next few days. Looks to be in mint.

Sweet pick up sidewinder. I don't regret picking this set up at all last winter. I revisit this set as often as any Mosaic, if not more. Enjoy!

Sweet pick up sidewinder. I don't regret picking this set up at all last winter. I revisit this set as often as any Mosaic, if not more. Enjoy!

Thanks, spinlps. I'm glad that I remembered your post when I saw this one at the JRC. Haven't even opened it yet as there's other stuff to try out that I picked up in NYC but am looking forward to this one. The great Mr Kiyoshi 'Boxman' Koyama did some mighty fine vinyl sets, of which this one and the Keynote are prime examples.

Agreed. Wholeheartedly.  

Many of the Ferguson tracks are NOT reproduced elsewhere as far as I can tell.  I think (naturally, since I have both the LP and CD set) they're undervalued in the present marketplace.

Good to be reminded of this set. Need to dig out again plus I have no problem spinning 45rpm EPs without faff these days !

I used to own the LP set but sold it after finding the the 4 CD set for something like $4 to $5.

The ep tracks were included in the Clifford Brown EmArcy box, weren't they?