Miles - "Blackhawk"

BFrank

Gee, I wonder if they're different in Germany Aggie87 because mine is not a flimsy cardboard box. It's a very sturdy hard box I would liken to the box on the Stevie Wonder "At The Close Of The Century" set. Or the Monk Columbia Years 3 cd set.

The music is groove-laden. And I'm really quite impressed with the sound too!

Big :tup on this set.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no difference in the content.  The 4 disc set is merely the two 2-disc sets with a flimsy cardboard cover around it.

It's not a "flimsy" cardboard cover. It's a "heavy-duty" cardboard cover. Works for me, and I don't feel like I'm spending a lot of extra money for an over-designed, clumsy package (like a lot of box sets are these days - Charlie Christian, the rusty Bill Evans set, etc.)

Whatever.....it's all about the music anyway. B)

Edited by BFrank

Well, I'm glad to see there is a good box in the U.S! (Maybe it's similar to the situation with the ZYX boxes here in Germany versus the normal Fantasy boxes in the U.S?).

At any rate I didn't mean to speak for all markets, but just assumed that the German/European box I picked up was the standard everywhere. Apparently it's not. Mine looks like this, but is simply a flimsy slipcover around the two 2-disc sets:

B000095IWH.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpgB000095IWH.03.BACK.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

• 2 months later...

This truly is one of the very best releases this year. I think I am like a lot of others when I say that I had not thought much of this band before, but now hearing the complete Blackhawk recordings, my mind has changed. This 4 disc set is excellent!! I even like the carboard box it comes in. Great package, great sound, excellent playing!!

Cardboard box?

Huh?

I bought them separately, four/five weeks ago.

Cost me ten bucks, altogether.

Screw the box. finger01.gif

The music keeps the two jewel cases together nicely, thank you. hail.gif

Damn, the stuff is good. I think I can save lots on the heating bill this winter if I keep the CDs in constant rotation. dancingbanana.gif

Cheers!

Hey, quite a party going on there in your post, deus!

You got them from zweitausendeins?

If I knew they'd have them, I could have saved half of the money I spent on them (some 40 bucks, or even more...)

ubu