2005 Connoisseurs

Late

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, the two Cox lps won't fit on one cd. More than just a few seconds more like three or four minutes I believe. I don't have them at hand right now, but I remember transferring them from tape at one point and it wasn't even close to fitting. . .

I'm still pining for the Tyrone Washington, including a good bit of the train-wreck (hopefully everything but the track with the vocal gyrations, or so I've heard them described).

But all in good time, all in good time. I didn't think we'd see the Tyrone this time around necessarily anyway. My goal is either the 2006 or 2007 batch of Conns. Anything after that, and I'll start getting jumpy about it. :excited:

Can't be Passing Ships and the Hill Select every time. :P

Hey Kevin- I just did the math: Consequence and High Frequency will fit on one disc. Is there a chance MC is considering this?

Probably a pretty good idea. :tup

Since I already own the McLean Mosaic, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't buy a Conn with just Consequence on it.

But if it included all the High Frequency tracks too, I'd certainly give it some thought.

Hey Kevin-  I just did the math: Consequence and High Frequency will fit on one disc.  Is there a chance MC is considering this?

Probably a pretty good idea. :tup

Since I already own the McLean Mosaic, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't buy a Conn with just Consequence on it.

But if it included all the High Frequency tracks too, I'd certainly give it some thought.

I'd buy it too. :g:tup

Thanks for putting the Quebec bug in MC's ear, Kevin! That's terrific news!!!!! :tup:tup:tup

Sandy,

I think you need to take the credit for this. Wasn't it your idea originally?

Seem like great titles. I've never heard Where is Brooklyn so this will be my chance.

Good titles.

Thanks for putting the Quebec bug in MC's ear, Kevin!  That's terrific news!!!!! :tup  :tup  :tup

Sandy,

I think you need to take the credit for this. Wasn't it your idea originally?

Yes! I'm so thrilled about this I made the wife, son and dinner guest groove to my LP copy all evening. A good day in the Jarrell household indeed!

Another great idea someday would be reissuing the Quebec-Hardee Mosaic. Not that easy to come by in compact disc and a truly great Mosaic. Only three cds.

This material is in print on a couple of labels out of the EU (where the copyright has run out). There isn't a whole lot of sales potential with them when these cheap copies are floating around. Sales would be tough. Who would pay $35-45 for a three CD set when you can get most of it for about $25 from Proper, Definitive, et al?

Kevin

PS. I E-mailed Michael Cuscuna about the "Consequence/High Frequency" two-fer idea.

PPS. A good friend of mine tells me that his two CDs of Kenny Cox material (complete) only clocks in at 80:10. An early fade and it should all fit. It's either that or cut a track. Any votes for the track to cut?

(this thread made me decide to come out of hibernation ;) and post here)

I'm looking forward to some of these new Connoisseurs. I assume Ron McMaster will remaster them, and I really hope they will sound better than some of his more recent, i.e. 2000-2004 work, like for instance his Lou Donaldson Mosaic remastering; Scott Wenzel (Mosaic) told me that according to Michael Cuscuna mr McMaster didn't use compression, but that's exactly how this set sounds: compressed/very, very loud and aggressive, and no-noised; it makes my ears bleed... :tdown:(