BFT .:.23 Sign-Up Thread

.:.impossible

Hello everyone. I understand it is time to get the ball rolling on the next Blindfold Mailing. I will be stepping up in the order since Rooster doesn't have his prepared yet. No problem!

I would like to do this one a little bit differently than previous Blindfold Tests. I know a lot of you use the internet to research selections while guessing. I'm hoping this time we can revert back to the authentic Blindfold concept where the listener simply comments on what they are hearing. No resources! I'd like to read your candid responses to the music. Hopefully, this will get more in-depth response from everyone involved.

So, post here if you've sent a PM to join in. I'll be mailing out within the next week!

Thanks everyone.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PM sent.

I think there's a distinction to be made in terms of using the internet as a resource during the discussion phase. I think most of us do adhere to the original intent/concept of posting our impressions first without any research. Then there are those who read the thread before they post their guesses. Besides the intent/concept, I can't really understand this approach, because I would think it would take away the challenge/mystery/fun for that person. Anyway, it's generally been accepted that once a person posts their initial guesses/impressions, and the discussion gets going, it's okay to research things that are stumping everybody. If you're frowning on that for this test, I have no problem with that.

PM sent.

If you're frowning on that for this test, I have no problem with that.

Hey! No frowning... :)

I guess I am just hoping to get more initial discussion from the music than the usual

"No idea."

"Nice."

"NMCOT."

Stuff like that. I'm interested in seeing what others hear! Thanks to everyone so far. Hey Vint, I don't think I have your address anymore... can you send me a PM?

Thanks guys. I went ahead and filled two discs. I know that that is a lot of music, so I imagine some tracks will get more attention than others from the individual members, which is fine. I went from being 26 seconds over the limit for one disc to saying "F it. I'll just do two."

I hope y'all enjoy most of it!

I guess I am just hoping to get more initial discussion from the music than the usual

"No idea."

"Nice."

"NMCOT."

Stuff like that. I'm interested in seeing what others hear!

Gotcha. In that regard, I kind of hoped that my classic :rolleyes: "Blindfold Test Parody Thread", might have helped spread that message... in a kind and gentle way... :w:)

Seriously, it might be slightly idealistic to think this can fully come into effect, but then again it's better to mention it once in awhile than just put things on auto-pilot. So, I'm glad you mentioned it. :tup

FWIW, all of my guesses are first impressions unless it’s a song I absolutely KNOW simply because I already own it. Otherwise, I always wait for subsequent posts to do actual research!

Same approach here. I always try to post more elaborate comments whenever time permits.

PM sent.

So you got your turn earlier than you thought :tup;)