"Experience Music Project" - really worth $20??

Rooster_Ties

Hey, quick question since we'll be in Seattle all next week - is the Seattle "Experience Music Project" museum really worth $20?? My wife and I are children of the 80's (both born in the very late 60's), and have a fair interest in pop/rock music (my wife especially loves 80's music), but $20 per person seems a touch steep for our blood.

Anybody been there before?? Was it worth the time and/or money?? :unsure:

Any other advice relative to going there???

Thanks a bunch!!!! :):):)

Edited by Rooster_Ties

The experience music project can be a fun day, but you better count on spending the whole day--there's a lot of stuff, much of it interactive and there can be (or used to be at least) long lines on weekends. You can take a break for lunch at the Seattle Center. Parking and driving in this neighborhood can be a bear, but that's true of all Seattle.

We found coupons for $5 off on admission, so for $15 - I think we're planning to go on Friday, right when they first open. Don't know if we'll have the whole day, but we'll be sure to plan for at least 4 or 5 hours.

Otherwise, we're having a GREAT time on our trip!!!!

Probably won't be able to post much more until next week sometime, when we get down to Oregon.

Talk to you all then!!!!

Can't talk much now, but had a great visit to the EMP. Well worth the $15-per-person we paid to get in. Extensive Hendrix exhibit, and a huge historic guitar collection. Even the Disco exhibit was interesting. 25 years of punk poster art from the Seattle area. I'd go back again in 5 years, if I was in town again that soon.

Having a great time on our trip otherwise. Will write more later, if I get the chance...

TTFN!!!

Well, WELL worth it. As others have said, plan to make a day of it. I only had about five hours and know I could have spent a couple of days there! The exhibits are quite rich, and the special exhibit area had a particularly fascinating display at the time (who knows what is there now). I have to admit I teared up a few times, most notably at the Hendrix display.