"Big Brother" at AAJ?

Well, I'm betting that B-3 can do the same thing here. Usually mods can do anything they want to with anyone's post. Whether they do or not is another story. (If I were a mod and did any sort of editing on someone else's post I would clearly state it though.) [sort of like, hey I'm making a change here to this post! or something like that.]

Ray

Edited by RDK

I don't think it's cool at all. I suppose this is a case of "no harm, no foul", but it tells me something about the man's thought process. If he's willing to alter someone's post without mentioning it "only when it's helpful" who's to say what his definition of helpful is? Add this to the thread I posted to being deleted "to prevent confusion" and I don't particularly care for the answer I get. Sort of clues me in to how conservatives feel about "helpful government interference" if you know what I mean...

And "just" to "make sure" I use up my "quota" of "quotation marks" for the "month"... :wacko:

:g:g:g:g:g:g:g

just to keep running

Shoot I read my membership number as the post count...

What's cool about this software is you don't get all those " Edited By...." messages

Great for us one fingered typists... specially since on my keyboard, my E looks Like an L

And my O now is a C.Too much traffic...or too many spilled beers?????????

Edited by P.D.

I see Jim has passed me in number of posts.  Well, I fought the good fight; held out for almost a week!

The same for me. It's been fun being in the Top Ten Poster's list. But, my days are numbered. My name will be dropping off soon.

Still, I accomplished what I wanted... to keep the board active till the real board posters arrived. I mean, JSngry, Swinnich, and jazzbo are active now. B)

Edited by wesbed

Y'all gonna be posting a LOT more than me soon. The changing economy is affecting the Lovely & Talented Brenda's job scenario, and Mr. Jim is gonna step in to pick up some slack. I'll still be around, but you guys are gonna have the show a LOT more that me. Just remember me at my best, whenever the hell that might have been! :rsly: :rsly: :rsly:

Y'all gonna be posting a LOT more than me soon. The changing economy is affecting the Lovely & Talented Brenda's job scenario, and Mr. Jim is gonna step in to pick up some slack. I'll still be around, but you guys are gonna have the show a LOT more that me. Just remember me at my best, whenever the hell that might have been! :rsly:  :rsly:  :rsly:

Say it ain't so, Jim! :rsly:

I'm sure you'll be here as much as you can. You've got too much to say.

We need you around here.

Edited by AfricaBrass

The same for me. It's been fun being in the Top Ten Poster's list. But, my days are numbered. My name will be dropping off soon.

Wesbed,

Why stop? You're doing fine. No reason to go back to lurking.

Oh. I don't intend to stop. This has been quite an enjoyable experience, to watch this board grow from the ground up. B)

However, once the 'heavies' get to posting their usual stuff, they'll surpass me even if I maintain my current rate. Which is a good thing, I'm not complaining. I'm rather enjoying it, actually. :)

We didn't have a Top Ten list to watch at the old board (we all knew Lon had the 10,000 posts!). The added information on this board is a welcomed.

Edited by wesbed

(If I were a mod and did any sort of editing on someone else's post I would clearly state it though.) [sort of like, hey I'm making a change here to this post! or something like that.]

Ray

Could you explain this again? It's still unclear. :g

This intervention by the AAJ board administrator was certainly well meant but unfortunate because it changed the content of the message and was made without an explanation.

It is common for forum administrators and moderators to edit posts, but only to:

- delete words, links or pictures that are against the board rules or netiquette;

- to correct errors such as mistyped links or the wrong use of board code tags

If this changes the content of the post they should add "Edited by (moderator name)" and briefly explain the reason for the edit.