What's your favorite... (It's that time of year...

What is your favorite variety of Girl Scout Cookie???  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Wish I could participate. But no vegetarian options that I know of.

On the other hand, this typically relieves me of considerable co-worker pestering. I can choose who to 'buy' from and who to brush off. My 'buys' are actually donations, since I've no need/desire for the cookies.

Edited by BbM7

A-HA!

From http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art11418.asp

Two baking companies currently produce the cookies - ABC/Interbake Foods and Little Brownie Bakers. There are always Thin Mints, Do-si-dos (the peanut butter cookie formerly known as the Savannah) and Trefoils (the "original" Girl Scout cookie). Thin mints are the most popular, taking 25% of the sales. The other cookie types vary, depending on what is of interest at the time. Thin Mints are the third-most popular cookie in America.

In 2004, the varieties offered by the ABC Bakers include:

Carmel Delites (vanilla cookies drenched in caramel and sprinkled with coconut)

Iced Berry Pinatas (fruit-filled oatmeal cookie)

Peanut Butter Patties (chocolate covered patties)

Lemon Pastry Creams (reduced-fat lemon-creme cookie)

Amimal Treasures (chocolate-dipped shortbread)

The Little Brownie Bakers are baking the following in 2004:

Samoas (Similar to a Carmel Delite)

Tag Alongs (similar to peanut butter patties offered by ABC)

All Abouts (similar to Animal Treasures)

Double Dutch (A chocolate chocolate-chip cookie)

Lemon Coolers (reduced-fat vanilla cookies with lemon zest; coated in powdered sugar)

Two baking companies currently produce the cookies - ABC/Interbake Foods and Little Brownie Bakers. There are always Thin Mints, Do-si-dos (the peanut butter cookie formerly known as the Savannah) and Trefoils (the "original" Girl Scout cookie). Thin mints are the most popular, taking 25% of the sales. The other cookie types vary, depending on what is of interest at the time. Thin Mints are the third-most popular cookie in America.

Like I said... :w

I wonder if any enthusiastic little Girl Scouts are selling their cookies online? Is that against the rules?

I just read that it "was successfully done in a 5-year pilot project" but the National Council has voted against it, so it's now against the rules.

But I'm sure plenty of little girls are emailing everyone in their extended families, or on their parents' Xmas card lists...

I could probably eat a whole box of the Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies -- all in one sitting, if I didn't stop myself.

I've eaten half-a-box in one sitting before, more times that I should probably admit (that's 13 cookies, if I remember right).

Got my vote!!!

My wife's a Thin Mint gal, so no battles over favorite cookies. ^_^

Hard to beat a handfull of Thinmints straight out of the icebox!

That gets my vote!

:tup

Call 'em Samoas, Caramel deLites, or whatever, but those are pretty good right out of the freezer, too!

I've also found that freezing them makes them slightly harder to eat quickly, hence reducing my total cookie intake significantly*.

* :rolleyes: yeah right!!