What does everyone do for a living?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fully realizing that this board is about jazz, it would still be interesting to hear what all of you do. Accountants? Machinists? Musicians? Retired? Insurance?

I, for one, am in military intelligence. Laugh it up.

No way, man--I will resist the tired old cheap shot! ;) Besides, I'm having breakfast with a "spook" on Sunday.

Library supervisor/jazz DJ. Hoping that the jazz DJ gig will soon turn into a fulltime one.

Make enemies in the political forum and attend alot of political functions swarming with hacks who've mastered the art of failing upwards!

** also provide technical grant review assistance to the feds. Just doing my bit to ensure that all of your hard earned tax dollars are wisely spent. B-)

Edited by Son-of-a-Weizen

• As has been pointed out in another thread (by something that calls itself "lp"), I am just a bitter old man who, presumably, keeps busy doing what bitter old men do.

Let's see, that would be working on a new book, translating 250-year-old slave tax records from gothic Danish to digital data, writing he occasional liner note, interacting on a couple of jazz bulletin boards, preparing art work for early childhood RFPs, cataloging my 45 rpm collection (already took care of the cylinders), and setting up my blog. Did I leave anything out? Guess not, but one day I hope to find time to look back over my life and feed the seething bitterness that rages within me.

Interesting thread.

I am in the commercial/industrial landscape maintenance and weed control business.

We like to refer to it as vegetation management. ;)

I have a couple of partners, but somehow I got suckered into managing the majority of the business. <_< We are contracted mainly with municipal and state government agencies as well as public utilities in Arizona, Nevada, Washington, and California.

It's been exciting and fun but I'm looking for a change in the near future.

Edited by catesta