"You're my Everything"

I am trying to track down recordings of the song "You're my Everything", not necessarily vocal versions, but if they are exceptional, sure why not!

What are some definitive recordings of this wonderful tune? Unusual treatments, etc.

Since I started this thread a moment ago, I googled in search of the lyrics, and I see that there are more than one song with this title. I imagine that the one I seek is the "standard" or better yet, "classic" version.

The version I am thinking of has the syllables "you're my ev" lined up melodically with three descending chromatic tones. And from what I see on the web, the title is the chorus of the tune.

Sorry for the confusion :unsure:

Edited by slide_advantage_redoux

I like the Bud Freeman version originally recorded for Keynote and later released on Emarcy and now available on Chronogical Classics. Wild Bill Davison is in fine form on this.

Off on a tangent: Another tune with the same name was done by The Temptations and also Gladys Knight. Some quitessential James Jamerson on both of those, particularly the Gladys.

MILES DAVIS!

His interpretation of 'You're My Everything' from the Relaxin' with the Miles Davis quintet album on Prestige is the one that sets the standard. With John Coltrane to boot! That's the version where Miles stops Red Garland's introduction and asks him to play blockchords!

But I also love what Zoot Sims and Jimmy Rowles do with the tune in the 'If I'm Lucky' album on Pablo.

I'm really fond of Freddie Hubbard & Co.'s version on Hub-Tones.

I'll second that. This was my very first exposure to Hubbard, and I still go back to this performance. I like that it has a slightly "up" tempo to it, something which I don't normally care for in ballads, and, maybe as a result, I've never been able to get with Miles' version as closely (even though it's still brilliantly played).