What's for Dinner?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weekend Recap:

Friday was pizza, as it is every Friday at my house. I buy frozen pizza dough and take it out on Friday morning before I leave for work. When I get home it is ready to be worked into a pizza. Pepperonni for my wife and son, plain for me.

Saturday was chicken cacciatore, and I made carrot cake & brownies.

Sunday was salmon broiled with dill, shallots, white wine and lemon.Also, shrimp sauteed in EV olive oil and garlic on top of some fra diavolo sauce(From a jar, but very good) and penne.

Tonight was chicken & mushrooms sauteed in EV olive oil,shallots, & white wine.

Weekend wrapup:

Friday as always, I made pizza.

Saturday was chicken pieces rubbed with sage leaves and cooked with garlic,shallots, lemon juice & salt & pepper. Mushrooms sauteed with shallots and sherry to accompany.

Sunday was salmon with ginger & freshly ground pepper and zucchini ribbons sauteed in sage butter with a bit of lime juice on top.

Tonight was burgers and a green salad.

Not much time to cook this week as I was out of town Tuesday night to Thursday, out Friday and at my relatives' Passover seder Saturday. Tonight I defrosted some bison I'd had for a while and threw it on the Foreman grill for a couple of minutes. Not bad, probably would have been better fresh and whacked a few times with a mallet to loosen it up a bit. Also made a really easy but good recipe for Swiss chard sauteed with leeks.

• 2 weeks later...

Going to try to throw together some fresh halibut, peppers (red, green, and jalapeno), coconut milk, curry (freshly ground madras, yum!), cilantro, and thai fish sauce. Hopefully it will turn out well! :)

I grilled some halibut Monday night, it came out pretty good. B-)