What's for Dinner?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now if I can keep myself out of the chocolate chip cookie brittle that Alison made for me and Randy.... (once I start with that stuff, I don't stop).

why don't you save it--you never know when you might have company who would really, really love to try some.

really. :)

• 9 months later...

Friday night. I made up a batch of my late mom's potato-corn chowder. A couple modifications- I start with a couple slices of diced bacon in the pot- when it's crispy, I add the onions, then the potatoes and some water/chicken broth. Later I add the corn, seasoning (Old Bay!) and then I add shrimp, clams, crabmeat and some chopped up pollock (or whatever fish I end up with), so it becomes a fish chowder. Even though I live in the midwest and therefore have to use some canned seafood, I must say it's still mighty tasty.

Comfort food for a chilly evening. Cheers! :)

Saturday's dinner was sausage & chicken Jambalaya

Sunday was Chicken cutlets with dry spices on the grill, a tomato salad(olive oil, salt/pepper, garlic & parsley)

Tonight was country-style ribs marinated in soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic & ginger, & broccolli stir-fried with garlic, ginger, sesame oil & soy sauce.

• 1 month later...

Tonight we had tuna and mushrooms cooked with fenugreek, cumin, green chillies, coriander and various spices in a creamy sauce, plus a kind of mini Chinese cabbage we have here cooked with tomatoes, eggs, chilies , garam masala etc. Ate with white rice. Apple for desert. It was good.

• 1 month later...

A terrific dinner tonight with my significant other before the symphony. Nice bottle of Spanish red accompanying a beet salad with seasoned goat cheese; we both had scallops, nicely pan-fried with mashed yams and kale. Yum. Symphony sucked, but the food, we remember.

Oysters three ways with Cava for New Year's, rest of the menu as of yet undetermined!

• 2 months later...